JT outfitters Rear Disc Master (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Would this be any better than my new OEM MC (minus the residual valves) for 4 wheel discs?
When I manage to get rid of these damn 4wheel drums I'm goin all out on the brakes, I want the best stopping available, I'm pretty sick of that feeling you get in your stomach when you press the pedal and nothing happens. :eek: (And no I'm not talking about the skinny pedal hooked up to the F) :D

I thought the one in the middle was just the friction pedal installed to give a false sense of security while driving down things like, say... lions back. Is it really supposed to do something?

I have one in my cruiser. Don't use it until you have gone to 4WDB or you will have to pump the brake several times to stop. Since it is valved for a 4WDB, the drum brake springs will push the brake fluid back into the master and you have to pump 2-3 times to get the shoes to really seat against the drum.

Dave

I've got this set-up in my 79FJ40 - converted the rear to disc with the help of Joe/John at JTO. I'm very pleased and the truck stopped strong and straight. It's an easy conversion - and when compared to the costs of the OEM wheel cylinders for the drums - its a no-brainer. Give JTO a call - they are good folks.

I just picked up the rear disc's from an 83 Eldorado and plan on swappin them in.

So Is Plowboy correct ? 80 series master ? 93 and newer ?

Thanks

Anyone ? Is that a master from an 80 series ?

when I copied the picture it was named "93 and up" ....so whatever it came from im guessing its 93 and newer.

It looks just like the T-100 I'm running on my 60, works great. I did have to bend one of the tubes to get the front connection to line up. IMHO shop around for a T-100 or a minitruck MC, they are slightly bigger dia but a little shorter (helps for reaching the PITA egr pipe)

Check out http://www.4x4wire.com/toyota/maintenance/brakemastercylinder/

JOhn

I just put one on my 40 with rear disc. It works great. Mine looks just like that one. 93 FJ80 MC w/o abs.

What do you do for brake lights since the 80 series mc doesn't have pressure switches like the stock one?

theres wires on my 80's plug on top of the mc, believe they are for the brake light to warn of low fluid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom