Jowett Performance Filter Housing with Fumoto drain valve (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I picked up a cheap one from amazon that seems to fit okay. I would've ordered one from Brian, but I didn't want to wait.

View attachment 2148377
I'm sure this one will work fine, it's not like you need massive torque to tighten housing. I found the only massive torque numbers I encountered was in removing the filter housing after a Toyota dealership changed my oil. The drain plug never opened, the whole filter housing broke loose @ 50 lbs. Ykkes !! Thanks Toyota of Escondido, not.

Last edited:
Correct, the seat does not go back in.

That is the very socket I currently sell, decent piece at a good price.

FWIW, I've had both regular OEM caps, and mine, stuck on there, even when proper torque is applied. There are also cases where the female thread in the housing is cut short by Toyota... and any cap installed will be wedged on. It's why the giant nut and socket are utilized in the design.

Yes, post and spring, but not the little disc that sits below the spring.

Yes, more are being produced.

Any pics of the spring and post swap? I'd like a visual before I pull the housing apart so I don't get stuck...

I've not done an oil change yet on the 5.7 so not sure what the assembly looks like.

Shipping of caps without socket begins tomorrow... caps with sockets are planned for next week.

The EZ Drain is an updated Fumoto, same company, better seal design for a pressurized application.
Not sure how I missed out, how can I order to get the kit coming?

Not ignoring, just surviving. The caps arrived earlier this week. Still waiting on sockets... this might be my last run of them, too much BS and it isn't fair to you folks. If anyone wants a cap, you can buy starting Monday, but you will have to source your own socket.
I ordered a socket please tell me you will make another cap and valve please!

The website says we can order even though it is sold out for now. But I couldn't find a way to do it. Do I need to register an account?

Thanks, Jim

Any word on shipping for housings ordered with the socket?

Thanks

I will be updating for preordering of the next batch as soon as all the current orders are filled.

One big box of sockets is taking its sweet time arriving. I'll be packing as soon as they show up... ship notices will go out as labels are printed.

Last edited:
Will the Fumato / EZ drain with nipple for the oil pan clear the Bud Built Skid?

Good news. I'll also get one of the next 100 filter caps.

Santa came early. Thanks, @bjowett.

IMG_1507.jpeg

on my xmas list for sure!

Edit: Santa just hooked it up! Now I just need to find a 200!

Last edited:
Any more info on when these will be available again? Would love to get one for my FJ Cruiser and for our new LX570. Thanks!

Any more info on when these will be available again? Would love to get one for my FJ Cruiser and for our new LX570. Thanks!

Please keep one for me as well! I am due for an oil change in 3k and would love to get this on there to set up for future oil changes. 3k is only about 1 month for me. Thanks @bjowett for not discontinuing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom