Jowett Performance Filter Housing with Fumoto drain valve (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Might be a stupid question, but where does the large o-ring go? There's 2 grooves and I dont want to end up with a leak.

I finally got around to changing my oil and installing my Jowett filter housing today. What a great part! My hat's off to Brian. So nice I wished I could have mounted it as a hood ornament. Instead, I wiped everything down and laid there and admired the high quality for a while before I put the skid plate back on.

This was also my first oil change with a fumoto drain valve. What a pleasure. Instead of draining into a pan and then pouring the old oil into my oil can, I just ran the hose from the valve to the can. Way less cleanup.

Used this tool on the old filter housing valve. No mess. Works great and I'll be continuing to use it on our other toyotas. Oil Filter Drain Tool for Toyota, Lexus, Scion 2.0L - 5.7L Engines

Their threaded funnel is also pleasure to use. Just pour in the oil with no worry about any mess.

No horse in this race, I just enjoy using great tools.

New 2010 LX570 owner here. I put Fumoto valves on on my vehicles and in my searching here I came across this thread. This filter housing looks incredible.

Will be ordering!

Just placed my order, seems like an amazing piece of hardware. Can't wait to get it installed. Now need to source a filter wrench... open to suggestions.

Last edited:
Just placed my order, seems like an amazing piece of hardware. Can't wait to get it installed. Now need to source a filter wrench... open to suggestions.
AGGGGHHH!!!!

Think you got the last one! I knew I should have ordered before posting here!

Any word on when more will be available?

Set myself a reminder for a month and 400 miles and checked to make sure the filter holder was still tight before hitting the road today. Tight as the day I installed it.

These things are great. I accidentally had the socket at an angle and knocked the Fumoto loose and didnt realize it. I drove to Home Depot and back and the underside was leaking. The valve was loose. Didnt take much to sinch it back down

Sharing my lesson learned:hmm:

You have the correct e-mail. I'll check the spam folder... I'm waiting on sockets and valves. I hope to see valves this week, sockets within 2 weeks. If anyone has lost the desire to wait, and that is understandable, I can refund, no problem.

when installing an EZ Drain valve on the oil pan, does there need to be a the washer/gasket (the would be there for the normal pan bolt) between the EZ Drain and the pan? Asking because the EX Drain has an o-ring on it. Also, are the instruction supplied with the EZ Drain ("hand tighten and then another 1/8 of a turn") sufficient for the train plug since the standard is 30ft/lbs?

Last edited:
when installing an EZ Drain valve on the oil pan, does there need to be a the washer/gasket (the would be there for the normal pan bolt) between the EZ Drain and the pan? Asking because the EX Drain has an o-ring on it. Also, are the instruction supplied with the EZ Drain ("hand tighten and then another 1/8 of a turn") sufficient for the train plug since the standard is 30ft/lbs?

Good question. I have one of these waiting to go on at my next oil change. I would pick one, but not both. If o-ring, hand tight+1/8-1/4 turn seems reasonable. Otherwise 30ft-lb with a new crush washer.

Good question. I have one of these waiting to go on at my next oil change. I would pick one, but not both. If o-ring, hand tight+1/8-1/4 turn seems reasonable. Otherwise 30ft-lb with a new crush washer.

I went ahead and used both..I don't know if I would call that washer a crush washer though. I tightened the nipple to the valve before installation and then hand tightened + 1/8-turn via the nipple. Drove a couple miles and checked...no leaks from that area.

@bjowett any updates on availability?

Also, I want to make sure I am understanding this correctly. I need:
-Jowett Cap, EZ valve comes with it
-2.5" socket to install the cap (or order from Jowett), torque to 18 ft/lb
-H001 nipple for hose (put my own 3/8" ID hose on this)
-EZ103 for drain pan, torque per specs on packaging
-screw the H001 with hose into either valve to drain.
-Put Jowett dust caps on both valves to keep them clean between oil changes
-use L001 if I'd rather have a 90* nipple for draining

Do I have all this right?

And I'll still need a socket like this or this to remove the OEM cap.

You have that correct.

EZ103 will now be available through my store.

Sockets should arrive anytime now, everything else is in stock and simply awaiting for that to happen. I'll post here, along with notifying the many patient waiting folks, when it's all live and 100% ready to go.

Did my first oil change last night and installed a Fumoto valve and the Jowett filter. If I hadn’t had those things it might have been the last time I changed the oil on this thing.

The metal disc at the bottom of the filter housing wouldn’t budge, ended up having to take the entire housing off without draining and enjoy that mess.

Can’t wait for my next change! Will be so nice. I’ve always put Fumoto valves on my cars but the Jowett filter is taking clean oil changes to another level!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom