Jowett Performance Filter Housing with Fumoto drain valve (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Later production runs of not only the Performance Tool Socket, but a few other brands, have the 2 1/2” socket slightly redesigned… they shrunk it down a hair. Just enough to create fitment issues. It’s part the reason I have not produced another batch.

Send me a message jowett@jowettperformance.com, I’ll try to track down the proper socket.

Just sent you an email for help. I thought maybe a fluke and/or hoping for old stock but have now tried three Performance branded and 1 OTC branded and still no luck.

The sockets are a pain in the butt. I tried the Performance Tool W83243, and confirmed that it is just a hair too small to fit. I'm trying the OTC 1904 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HPLTB2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Which is 2-9/16". Hopefully it fits, I'll update when I get it in.
2-9/16" works with just enough slop to make locating easier, but man this thing is twice the weight of the W83243. It's designed for a 3/4" square drive, so I'm pretty sure you could twist the entire engine block right out of the truck. Might look for another in this size but lighter duty, probably in 1/2" drive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom