Jowett Performance Filter Housing with Fumoto drain valve (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

March...😁
April...😊
May...🙄
June...🥴
July...🤐
August...😵
September...😴-<Zzzzzzzzz.....

Can someone wake me up
if these ever get made again?
Just beat me with a stick... :deadhorse:
-If I haven’t passed away from old age yet...
...I’ll get up & buy one.
:hillbilly:

Last edited:
March...😁
April...😊
May...🙄
June...🥴
July...🤐
August...😵
September...😴-<Zzzzzzzzz.....

Can someone wake me up
if these ever get made again?
Just beat me with a stick... :deadhorse:
-If I haven’t passed away from old age yet...
...I’ll get up & but one.
:hillbilly:

I reaaally like mine :)

My nephew needs one though for his 200

Did my first LC oil change today. I've done prius, lexus gs, camry so I'm familiar with the filter cap, etc. But broke a tab off the filter holder, even with a good wrench. The valve on the filter cap is always a pain, no matter what tool or technique is used. IF THERE'S A GOD IN HEAVEN, PLEASE HELP BRIAN GET US THESE CAPS!!!!!! Ok, I feel better now.

I did install a fumoto valve on the pan, so it will be a little less messy next time.

Oh, and after I put everything back together I noticed the new oil filter sitting on the garage floor. Caught it before I put in fresh oil but still, grrrrrrr.

add me to the list please. I get angry at every oil change for the last 5 years. The cartridge filter system is needlessly irritating.

Subscribed, I'm in for one of these as well.

Count me in for 1

So....

Whine & moan alert... :hillbilly: :eek:

After hearing "soon" for so long @bjowett product (this thread is now 7 months old)...
...I’m thinking of other alternatives.

**Does anyone have a link to an alternative product that will work in a similar fashion...even if not perfectly?

PS. I will happily post the good news if the latest “it’s close” from 5 weeks ago turns into actual product. ;)

PS. I’m a @bjowett fan. ..

Last edited:
I'll piss and moan the 2 or 3 times a year I change oil until its available. I got the motivx drain tool and if I had trimmed the hose to a better length it would have been drip free. (Also got one of their funnels to try out, although I'm not keen on storing an oily funnel)

BUT, I've switched to the Venza metal filter holder, and when I switched the filter holder tube, I saw how that damn filter drain valve works. The filter holder tube is held down by tabs... below the tube is a spring, and that spring holds down, with quite a bit of spring tension, a flat metal plate. When you drain the filter, you're pushing against that plate and all that spring tension with that stupid plastic nozzle. So, take out the plate, take out the spring, and you have a plain opening, threaded to hold that drain plug. If someone made an adapter, or bored out and tapped the toyota drain cover, and installed a Fumoto drain, voila. But 1) I'm just an idea guy. 2) I'm a software guy. 3)I would not want to be responsible for ruining a bunch of LC engines. But I do think it would work. Lock the threads, and it would be as reliable as the Fumoto valve. I think Fumoto could sell a lot of these for Toyotas.

That would only take care of the drain. Brians filter housing also eliminates the annoying fingers that break off the Toyota housing. If any machinists want to pursue the drain idea, go for it. I'm happy to help.

I use the aluminum Venza housing, and it works well enough for me until Brian gets a batch of the good ones done to his quality control standards. I'm happy to wait, oil changes come frequently enough that it'll work out.

I use the aluminum Venza housing, and it works well enough for me until Brian gets a batch of the good ones done to his quality control standards. I'm happy to wait, oil changes come frequently enough that it'll work out.

Oh, don’t get me wrong...
I’m sure it’s not his fault & I’m a big believer in getting things right.

It’s just helpful to have realistic timelines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom