Joey make a better version of this radio hanger please! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am not a radio guy. I do use a handheld ham and cb on the trail. I'm not going to do a permanent install and when doing urban (park in the city mode), I like to return my 1993 Cruiser to "stock mode". I hate when my radios are bouncing around on the trail. With a couple different dashboards depending on what year 80 series you have, do they have the same ashtray? This works for a 1993 for sure.

IMG_5961.JPG

IMG_5962.JPG

IMG_5963.JPG

IMG_5965.JPG

Where did this come from? In the process or researching locations to install my Yaesu 2900r. After doing the research I'm regreting not picking up one with a remote faceplate.

I'm not into a "permanent radio install" in multiple vehicles that only occasionally need ham radios. Just my way of organizing a couple handhelds.

I got that. Is this little doo dad a home brew solution or something I might fetch somewhere? Not a lot of things I've seen made just for the early 80 dash. I also have a couple handhelds this could be handy for.

Making your own single DIN face plate holder is easy. The bracket I used was a galvanized L shaped Simpson bracket. I bent it in a vice with a hammer to be the size of a single DIN slot. I then measured the faceplate and marked it out on the bracket. Drilled out the corners and cut it out with a jig saw. Sanded/filed the cutout until the faceplate fit. Next I mocked it up with the stereo mounts, and drilled and tapped some holes in the bracket to work with the mount. Painted and put some black RTV sealant around the back just to make sure it doesn't pop out. Even used a factory dash blank and made a mic input to fit next to it.

20140208_142923.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom