JDM - Reversible DRL Install? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone

The cruiser is currently clearing customs and I need to figure out how to get the thing past the provincial inspections. I think the only hangup right now is the DRLs. AFAIK, the JDM models don't have an option to turn on DRLs from the dealership. My goal is to get DRLs active for the inspection, then remove after and install some Hikari LEDs. I think even the Hikari's will flicker/strobe at low voltage.

I'm looking to install this thing: General PDP Template - https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/alpena-daytime-running-light-kit-w-15amp-fuse-0204001p.0204001.html

I purchased some wire strippers/crimper and some connectors.

Any idea on how to install the module in as reversible of a way as possible (or some other way to bootleg the install)? I'm going to double side tape the module as opposed to drilling holes, Ideally I want to cut as few wires as possible as well. I searched through the forums, I think there was a thread on how to jerry-rig DRLs onto an 80 series, not sure if applicable to the 200 just based on the 200 series fuse diagram.

I'll upload some pictures/references here after I get this done - I suspect with the 15 year rule, more canadians will be following suit on JDM imports.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom