OEM spoiler install template/ideas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Evening!

I recently purchased a 2008 Land Cruiser, it's my second LC with the first being an excellent 1985. My 200 series did not come with a spoiler from factory but I was able to snag one on eBay, in my body color, for $100. I have some questions:

1. Does anyone know the part number for the green clips that are attached to the spoiler?
2. Does anyone know of a template for the bolts holes(4) and clips(3)?

My local dealer has been awesome with parts (about $750 into odds and ends in the first week) and has the hardware on order for me, but unfortunately I still need the green locating pins and a template for everything would be great. Any tips or ideas for simply marking the holes would be great.

P.S: I searched and hadn't seen anything explaining this process prior to starting this thread. Happy to be here.

Any pics without the spoiler? I haven't seen one without before.
My early 08 is missing a few of the "standard equipment" things that most all later trucks have, such as tinted rear glass, wood/leather steering wheel, and cool box, but it did have the spoiler.

I assume there are holes you will need to drill to install it, hence looking for a template? In the past I have solved this type of problem by marking up parts of the assembly with wet paint, marker, or blueing and transfering the marks to the item to be drilled. You'll have to be careful, and I'd mark a few times to make sure before drilling.

Any pics without the spoiler? I haven't seen one without before.
My early 08 is missing a few of the "standard equipment" things that most all later trucks have, such as tinted rear glass, wood/leather steering wheel, and cool box, but it did have the spoiler.

I assume there are holes you will need to drill to install it, hence looking for a template? In the past I have solved this type of problem by marking up parts of the assembly with wet paint, marker, or blueing and transfering the marks to the item to be drilled. You'll have to be careful, and I'd mark a few times to make sure before drilling.

I’ll post pics later this afternoon, I like the paint transfer idea. I did find one post regarding the location of bolts on the interior and exterior. But it’s not a template.

My truck has no options other than the glove box dvd player. No cool box, no spoiler, no rear dvd, and no wood steering wheel.

Any pics without rear spoiler?

Proud to represent the NO TINT CLEAR GLASS mafia.

Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 8.30.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-01 at 8.31.13 AM.png

I’ll post pics later this afternoon, I like the paint transfer idea. I did find one post regarding the location of bolts on the interior and exterior. But it’s not a template.

My truck has no options other than the glove box dvd player. No cool box, no spoiler, no rear dvd, and no wood steering wheel.
wait? There 200s without the cool box?
Except that and the dvd (I had a casette plaer) It sounds like an africa spec 200.

I think no spoiler is cool and unique. I also don't like the prospect of punching holes and introducing rust to clean sheet metal. I'd leave it alone :cool:

wait? There 200s without the cool box?
Except that and the dvd (I had a casette plaer) It sounds like an africa spec 200.
Nope, sold 03/28/2008 in New Jersey, the Florida, then Michigan, and now Arkansas.

I think no spoiler is cool and unique. I also don't like the prospect of punching holes and introducing rust to clean sheet metal. I'd leave it alone :cool:
Toyota did it from factory and the way I'll do it will be 10x what they did to prevent any water intrusion. It's definitely nerve wracking, but not rocket science.

I've posted the spoiler below and the unobtanium green clip (if anyone has an idea of what it is) that I'd prefer to use but between the four bolts and 3M tape I think it'll be fine.

IMG_0509.jpeg

IMG_0510.jpeg

IMG_0511.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom