Japan Car Autions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am new to this, and would like to know which japanese online auctions are the most reliable? for importing cars to canada?

I've heard good things about KK Trading. That's the only one I know about. There are quite a few HDJ81's in B.C. that were purchased there. I would strongly urge you to consider using the services of an importer such as Outback or Luxury Imports, however. I am not remotely convinced you save any money at all trying to do this on your own, after all the hidden costs are factored in. You MIGHT save some money, if you get REALLY lucky. But given the short supply of good HDJ81's, the chances are not that good, unless you really, really know what you're doing. From what I've been hearing, some of the people doing it on their own have had terrible surprises. I don't represent any of these importers by the way, it's just what I've gathered from my own personal experience. I had good luck with Penticton Toyota, but I didn't import the vehicle myself.

I would love to own a manual 80

From what I know and have read of importing into Canada, you better cross your T's and dot your I's. They are cracking down big time on compliance issues. You might want to consider using one of the companies advertising on this site.

Sackman said:
I would love to own a manual 80

Me too, but aparantly the 5 speed is not that great for gear ratio's.

From what I understand cruise RPMs on the highway are around 2600-2700.
While in my Auto they are around 2200-2300 for the same speed.
Would be fine with gas, but I don't want to run my diesel that high.

Only way I can see to make that work is 35" tires to help offset the RPM. :)

Cheers,
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom