Hilux J95 and after-maker parts for Hilux Surf/3rd Gen 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello folks, my first post here. So far, my searches have never directed me to a clear answer.

Reading a lot of information leaves one with the impression that since the J95 Land Cruiser and the 3rd Gen 4Runner/Hilux Surf are re-skinned cousins, that parts meant for one can be used on the other.

I suspect suspension/brake bits for sure, but are there any strong caveats on front bull-bars, rear bumpers, roof rack and so on? I figure light modules are unique, internal panels as well. But what about front seats?

I have not found a detailed spec for the J95 4 door wheelbase, but visually I suspect it is identical to the Hilux Surf, ergo 4Runner.

Why the question? I'm trying to figure which JDM imported platform to use here in Canada. Visually, I like the J95 more, but there is no denying that it would be nice to be able to source body panels and other bits from a 3rd Gen 4Runner for a Hilux Surf.

But either way, my RHD diesel setup will be a bit of a non-standard here in Canada. Unless I find a RHD->LHD conversion guide worth doing in terms of time&money.

Thanks for your attention. I may have to ask the same question in the other forum.

Mechanically, the Prados and 4Runners are the same. The 90 series is the same as a 3rd gen 4R, the 120 is the 4th gen and the 150 is the 5th gen.

The Hilux surf is simply a rebadged 3rd gen 4Runner isnt it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom