J60 Glove Box Replacement (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If anyone is interested I just got done with another batch of glove boxes and made 2 extra. These are for a 12.75" opening, one is for an aftermarket LED the other has a 33mm hole for a stock light. I'm selling these for $80 plus shipping.

View attachment 3542105
What do you mean 12.75" opening?
I have a 84 FJ60. Will this one work?
I would like to get one of these. They look awesome installed!

There are slight variations in the size/fitment so measurements are required to order and install the correct glove box. Read thread.

Yes if your measured opening size is 12.75 the ones I have already made will work. I will message you for some more information and your shipping address.
There are slight variations in the size/fitment so measurements are required to order and install the correct glove box. Read thread.
It would be nice if the opening sizes were consistent, then I would be able to make a bunch and have them ready to ship quickly. It seams that the sizes vary from 12.25 to 12.75 so at least there is a small range of different sizes.

Yes if your measured opening size is 12.75 the ones I have already made will work. I will message you for some more information and your shipping address.

It would be nice if the opening sizes were consistent, then I would be able to make a bunch and have them ready to ship quickly. It seams that the sizes vary from 12.25 to 12.75 so at least there is a small range of different sizes.
Are you finding that the size differences correlate to different years?

Are you finding that the size differences correlate to different years?
No not really. So far the common size is 12 3/4" for the 12 out of the 15 I have made and I've made one for each year except an 86. Yours was one off the 3 that wasn't 12 -3/4" although it was close (12 13/16").

No not really. So far the common size is 12 3/4" for the 12 out of the 15 I have made and I've made one for each year except an 86. Yours was one off the 3 that wasn't 12 -3/4" although it was close (12 13/16").
Hmmm. The metal skeleton of the dash is pinch welded together out of various pieces of formed sheet metal. I wonder if there was that big of a variance in the labor when they were being put together. That doesn’t seem to lend itself well to fitting different things to the skeleton, like the dash pad, HVAC bezel, radio, gauge cluster, etc. and on most of those there item being installed isn’t flanger to hide a gap - except the cardboard glove box insert. It also doesn’t jive with Toyota’s manufacturing style.

My 82 60 has some odd things that I’ve come to find are specific to the first two years. Are you sure it isn’t just the early ones? And all of the ones you’ve gotten measurements from fall into one of two exact measurements?

Are you sure it isn’t just the early ones? And all of the ones you’ve gotten measurements from fall into one of two exact measurements?
It varies, I've kept a list for the ones I've made to see the differences.

Screenshot 2024-01-29 133419.png

I would be interested for a late 62. the Wits End one does not fit due to a wire harness location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom