It's official we are moving. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
To somewhere else in Greenville County !:flipoff2:

The the lack of space is killing us. HOA doesn't allow us to have boats or trailers or parts cruisers at the house. It's just driving me crazy. I've got really cool neighbors but the fact I could spit on there house from my deck is killing me.

So we are looking for acerage. At least 5. Something with a 30 min drive to Mauldin (work). I take just land or land with a small house. No trailers.

I'm planning on building a two car garage with an apartment for us to live in first. Then the house will come later. Along with a steel building somewhere on the property.

So if you know someone with land for sale let me know.

Trollhole said:
It's just driving me crazy. I've got really cool neighbors but the fact I could spit on there house from my deck is killing me.

I feel you on that one, I hate neighborhoods where you have about 30 feet between houses and they all look the same........it just isn't natural, especially for us cruiser guys;)

When I get out of school I plan on gettin about 15 arces high up on a mountain some where in western NC, no neighbors just lots of room for a big ass garge and lots 'o cars

Good luck with the move marshall and don't forget I am a very talented Architect................

By very talented he means at staying in school its only taken him an extra yr and 2 summer schools to graduate.

ClemsonCruiser said:
I feel you on that one, I hate neighborhoods where you have about 30 feet between houses and they all look the same........it just isn't natural, especially for us cruiser guys;)

When I get out of school I plan on gettin about 15 arces high up on a mountain some where in western NC, no neighbors just lots of room for a big ass garge and lots 'o cars

Good luck with the move marshall and don't forget I am a very talented Architect................

So you can draw me up a set of plans on a house? Full drawings?

yup I can do it, don't let richards envy full you, those landscape architects can be bitter;). That's what I did all summer was design a house for a lady, I am a CAD monkey........... So seriously if you want an architect, I can do it and also my old man has had his own firm for 20 years in Augusta. Me and my dad want to open a firm up around the asheville area when I get out of school, we just have to build up some clients. Greenville is close to asheville

By all means, get as much land around you as you can. POA's suck. It's your land, be able to with it what you want. Take your time and don't rush to purchase until you find what you want. It took about 3 years of looking before I purchased my SC property. Thanks to David and Lynn for finding it for me. :beer:
Just keep looking, Marshall. You'll know it when you see it.

The Upstate sure beats Florida as far as I am concerened. :flamingo:

Looking forward to moving up some day and getting a southern drawl accent. :grinpimp:

Capt. Jim said:
By all means, get as much land around you as you can. POA's suck. It's your land, be able to with it what you want. Take your time and don't rush to purchase until you find what you want.

Damn right!

Marshall, take it from a guy that sees it all when it comes to land, acreage is your best friend!!!

TAD

clemson55 said:
Keep me in mind when you build those houses too, I'll come landscape them even though I hate residential its some good money.

Well my goal is to have no landscaping period. Just trees. I did the entire backyard of my current house myself (waterfall, walkway, palnters, drip irigation and lighting) Had a great time doing it but what a pain in the ass to maintain.

DSC01227.jpg

DSC01231.jpg

And this is the house. Going for 181k next month if anyone is needing a sweet pad. Complete with hot tub.

DSC00627.jpg

Hey I have been there!!!! Oh and Marshall if you need any help moving I'm here to help you out with anything you need.

Matt

Yeah I'm a big fan of a more natural look I tried to design so that you have as little maintenance as possible. Its particularly easy here cause everyone wants tropical looking bs so I just give them some palms trees and ornamental grasses. Most people dont even understand that real tropical is a damn jungle.

clemson55 said:
Yeah I'm a big fan of a more natural look I tried to design so that you have as little maintenance as possible. Its particularly easy here cause everyone wants tropical looking bs so I just give them some palms trees and ornamental grasses. Most people dont even understand that real tropical is a damn jungle.

I hope you don't have any new clients read this post richard..lol

Havent seen any landcruisers in anyones garage as of yet although I did see a lexus I dont really count those. If I do see one I will be pretty excited.

The more and more I look into this thing the better it gets.

If I buy the land outright I can use it as collateral on a building loan. They give me 12 months to finish the whole thing. And during that time I only have to pay interest on just what I've used to build it. so for every 10k I use to build I pay $50 dollars a month.

My best friend is a contractor and said he would do his work for nothing and get me all the subs for his cost. Plus as Chuck keeps pointing out I can do anything I put my mind to. So I ought to be able to domost of the plumbing and electrical as well as HVAC since I'm licensed. I might be able to build a pretty phat house and Garage for the money I'm thinking of borrowing. Now all I have to do is sell my house. :frown: And find some land to build on.

And get JP to design a house for me.

clemson55 said:
Most people dont even understand that real tropical is a damn jungle.

That's what I have here naturally in Florida. Well, 2 hurricanes have thinned it out some.........

I now see more sky than ever. Lost about 20+ trees and still have a damn jungle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom