Its not a pig, it's a????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Iron Pig is, always has been and always will be the exclusive title for the FJ55. Do you not know from whence the name arose? No argument will be accepted or permitted. The caged jeep salesman is wasting away in the corner of the stables, but he can still contaminate your village well and despoil your dogs. It has been a while since the Horde has released him, but do not think we will hesitate to use this vile weapon or to salt your fields afterwards.

The First Knight has spoken.

Mark...

This is epic!

My 60 got nicknamed by my friend's little brother, who along with nicknaming his brother's MK2 GTI "RedRocket", named mine the "MetalSlug".

I like "Iron Mule" as a collective reference, ala' the 55 being the Iron Pig. Fits the character of the trucks.

There is no replacement for the iron pig. I don't know what to call a 60. I love 60's but it ain't no pig.

I'm not sure it needs a name. A name may convey a sense of endearment to the general non-Cruiser public, but to the initiated simply calling one of these rigs a '60' carries with it all the implied admiration needed. My daughter and I tell each other about other Cruisers we see all the time. If I tell her "I saw a white 55 up at the river today.", she'll grill me for details - no less than she will if I use 'Iron Pig' instead. Same would go for a '60' and whatever other name folks want to call it.
Butt

The side vents on the 60 (US version) remind me of a fish but no slow, heavy fish or sharks come to mind.

Manatee?

After watching that ad, when the geisha comes out at the end, maybe Geisha-mobile? Maybe not.....

Reading through this thread is a little portion of my life I will unfortunately never get back, specially the long part with those roll playing 55ers. I love moose, I tried to buy one the other month but the wife wouldn't let me :(

But let's get real the name says it all, I drive a Land Cruiser and everyone, everyone! Knows a Toyota land cruiser is one of the toughest rigs ever built.
When I think of a land cruiser it's a 40. And I am honored Toyota stayed with it and gave my rig and even 80s the land cruiser name and continued to build a reputable rig.

'what do you drive?' "A Land Cruiser"

Moose is already taken for 55's as well, I know because I designed the logo for Redline's build of a customer's 55 called "The Iron Moose"

ironmoosemudposter.jpg

By trapper50cal at 2012-05-28

0535cm12050512.jpg

0532cm12050512.jpg

Mine is simply called.....'Sylvia'

I call mine Landy, The Cruiser, or El Cruiserino if your not a fan of the whole brevity thing

OK, from now on I will always refer to 60/61/62 trucks as "iron mules", "mules", or occasionally "mulo". Never "donkey". In no time at all, people the world over will adopt this name for the collective 60 series body, just as the 55 is "the pig".

One man can make a difference...

Growing up going to Haiti, locals always referred to cruisers as "tet bef." Translated to "cows head." But it was also the phrase in Creole used for calling something the best. Just like we'll refer to things as "the Cadillac of _______." Of course the front end of an 80 always reminded me of a bulls head anyway. :)

I call my 60 LC The Brown Cow. However friends have called it a tank, a brick, and a Bull Dyke.

Moose is already taken for 55's as well, I know because I designed the logo for Redline's build of a customer's 55 called "The Iron Moose"

Yeah I was referring to a 55 when I said I tried to buy a moose a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom