Its not a pig, it's a????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now that's just wrong. ;)

Mark...

piglet

Last edited:
i've referred to mine as the brick for years.

gotta revive this...

this thread has just been festering in the back of my mind (with all the rest of the rancid garbage that burrows there).

ok, if the whole fj family was the wu tang clan, then the fj55 would be the old dirty bastard of the bunch. hence, "iron pig" is way fitting. since 60s are a bit more refined, then i'm thinking a method man or raekwon would fit its profile.

with that said, i think it best to stick with farm animals for the metaphorical, yet endearing, name. a long the lines of "mutt" and "goat" is appropo. neither are as nasty as a "pig", but they definitely have got their rough edges. for the descriptor, i think almost anything would work, so long as its pretty generic.

for instance, i thought of "boulder mutt", but i live in colorado. that name's not too fitting if you live in idaho.

so how bout:

> metal mutt
> metal goat
> rust mutt (not all 60s are rusty though)
> rugged mutt

you get the idea. sorry to beat a decaying mule (mule?? now there's another name!), but this thing has been a-knawing.

i

this thread has just been festering in the back of my mind (with all the rest of the rancid garbage that burrows there).

ok, if the whole fj family was the wu tang clan, then the fj55 would be the old dirty bastard of the bunch. hence, "iron pig" is way fitting. since 60s are a bit more refined, then i'm thinking a method man or raekwon would fit its profile.

with that said, i think it best to stick with farm animals for the metaphorical, yet endearing, name. a long the lines of "mutt" and "goat" is appropo. neither are as nasty as a "pig", but they definitely have got their rough edges. for the descriptor, i think almost anything would work, so long as its pretty generic.

for instance, i thought of "boulder mutt", but i live in colorado. that name's not too fitting if you live in idaho.

so how bout:

> metal mutt
> metal goat
> rust mutt (not all 60s are rusty though)
> rugged mutt

you get the idea. sorry to beat a decaying mule (mule?? now there's another name!), but this thing has been a-knawing.

i

I like the goat reference. Funny cause goat popped into the mad scientist portion of my brain when thinking about this thread the other day.

The goat does have some striking parrallels.
- Square jawline & frame = hood shape and square body style
- Eat anything = Resilience to various gas quality
- Adapt to different terrain = Highway, Beach, Rock, Mud, etc.
- Varying horns = Terrain accessories based on usage requirements
- Not the fastest animal = slowspeed
- Not the brightest animal = not too many computers
- Resilient animal = bulletproof drivetrain
Since its in the LC family and a close relative of the Iron Pig, then why not the .....IRON GOAT?

i like it.

i like "iron goat", hokie. i think it fits.

everyone can still have their own personal nickname for their outfit.
i'm sure fj55 owners have little monikers for their "iron pigs", but
that doesn't change the fact that they own an "iron pig" (ie: i know
this guy named fred who named his iron pig "Sally Grabass".)
therefore fj55 = iron pig

likewise, fj60 = iron goat

i like it! anyone else??

Last edited:
Hey 1986 - LOL on the "orgasm wagon". Shaggin' Wagon comes to mind as well.

If I'm talking to someone who knows Cruisers - I usually stick to the "40" or the "62".

I agree that the Iron Pig is the sole moniker for FJ55s. I've never heard anything stick for the 60 series.

Being that my 62 is grey, I've sometimes referred to it as the Rhino (I think the rectangle mirrors kinda look like ears and it only needs a pointy mad max horn ornament on that long snout) or the the Hippo (made of steel and heavy like one). If I got a snorkel, I could see it looking like an elephant...a raised trunk trumpeting in the air.

The slow lumbering nature of the Manatee may be more appropriate for the FL highways.

My friend called mine the Jihaad Mobile. But i like

The Enamel Camel

b7_1_b.JPG

Hey doesn't this thread belong in chat?Hope woody don't find us. I agree with the 60's are not iron pigs line of thinking,ironically though some people around town call mine the Iron Pig due to the IPOR sticker on the side I got from lance.I correct them every time,due to my respect for ye ol'55.My old man used to have one when I was small ganster,and I must say it's a completly differant animal.Man that thing was awesome and they look way cool.
-Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom