It's kinda quiet around here (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gotcha. I've never been but want to get the LX dirty before our trip to the smokies/windrock this christmas.

Come on out. we'll probably make our way in from the east side of citrus starting mid-morning (not the earliest of risers, and probably have to go find breakfast somewhere in Inverness) since we're in an Airbnb.

Gotcha. Will confirm later but a good chance we can make it. We'll probably just drive out in the morning so mid-morning departure from Inverness sounds good!

yes depends on how pregnant thought :) . You will have to walk to the caves. No vehicles allowed.

Aaaand going away from work for five days means everything is backed up again, and we just drove back from Tampa yesterday. Won't be able to make it out tomorrow after all =(

Hope you all enjoy!

We had fun for a few hours in Citrus.

Found a stuck mud member in an 80. He was able to get out with a little help from a SAS'd 4 runner.

Couldn't see the second video, but the first looked fun! Were there many good trails out there?

I grew up in nevada/arizona so not much about Florida impresses me. Really the only challenging obstacles i could see were the mud holes. I didn't partake since i'm on highway tires (i know my limits). Its nice to just get out and cruise around though. Plenty of trail miles to keep from being over crowded, only passed a handful of trucks on on the single track. Everyone was pretty friendly too.

Gotcha. I'm on all-terrains at least, but mud and sand is about all we get here in florida, unfortunately. Eglin bombing range (panhandle) has a lot of trails but it's a huge area and difficult to know where to go for the good stuff. Hard rock park is fun to run through. There's a few parks and such that I haven't been to in Georgia, but Windrock is probably the best off-road area within a days drive, hence our trip up there this winter.

Ocala NF also has a ton of trails but they're all pretty mild and mostly sand. The NF roads are generally non-challenging, but the offroad vehicle section has a lot of deep sand to trawl through.

Steps out from behind the bushes...
IMG_7301-2.jpeg

Al, Sweet!! Plans? Do you have a thread going on this?

Al, Sweet!! Plans? Do you have a thread going on this?

Wow, it's beautiful! As Steve implied, hard to imagine you won't be doing something - even just expedition type upgrades.

Looks like it's from out West. Going to need some cosmoline for SA.

Try and make it to some Land Cruiser events with it. Baseline maintenance, restore some parts... enjoy driving it around and some mild trails. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom