It's kinda quiet around here (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not much posting going on. It doesn't appear that it's due to a lack of activity though.

Deo showed up to GSMTR with his 55/80/100 truck. It was amazing. A stock appearing 55 with 80 frame/suspension and 100 4.7 v8 engine/trans. Had no idea this build was going on.

Bill is completely revamping the suspension on his 40, in the middle of a 4 link job.

Matt is in the middle of an LS swap on his 60. It is constantly transforming.

Luis still wheels and shows up everywhere. His truck is in constant transformation.

Dennis continues to wheel what's probably the most capable 40 around. (yes all you other 40 guys are lame dormant F'rs)

I hear of recent trail rides both eastern and western US by some of the FLCA old timers that no longer post here.

Jim with the flying 80 showed up at GSMTR with his built 80. There are other Florida people that showed up but don't communicate at all with other Florida people.

There is a void left by the absence of North Florida Cruiserheads and Fattshack. Fattshack moved to Facebook and turned into anything that's not about wheeling or Toyota builds. NFC just faded away. I hate to see the same thing happen to what's left of the Florida Landcruiser Assoc.

I know we all have varied interests and wheel differently, but I noticed other clubs had camps or cabins with hard core wheelers hanging out with expedition types with 100 series w/ roof top tents.

I know I'm guilty of not posting much since I moved to a mini truck, but it would still be nice to see what's going on in the Florida Cruiser world.

I do post here and FB when i do a trail. I can do the shorter trips but not so much the ones out of state. Maybe if we had more outings planned. I only know of the two yearly ones. Thanks Giving and Christmas i think.

I just joined a few months ago. Just beginning a slow build of a new hundy. I too wish there was more activity from the Florida peeps.

Yes, i would love more meets as well... By bad luck the 2 or 3 that have been planned interfere with plans i already have. Tampa area here

garagemessjpg.jpg

I sold my FJC to my son who moved to Atlanta. (I have first right to buy back :)) He left a GL650 in a lot of pieces where the bed of my 47 should be sitting. I will be fabricobbling a new battery box and electrical box, new clutch springs, new carbs, and exhaust. Behind me in this picture is also a lawn tractor that was mistreated that I am rebuilding for a good friend. I hope to get back to the 47 in a month or so. The bed is lifted on stilts but the casters I used maybe too small to move it.
AF1QipNVGAGXWoEmgaBkxsrWSMx8TUui_DSUaeatIm_D

Steve I nominate you for club secretary and newsletter editor :grinpimp:

My engine swap is making gradual progress.
The next step is to redo my engine mounts (the ones I built using 80 rear control arms cantilever the block too much).
Next step is plumbing the fuel system and wireing it.
New pump is in the tank.
I’ll start a fresh thread with all the fun details. I’m
Doing a lot of custom fabrication and machining that you won’t normally see on Mud. Which is making things take forever :rolleyes:

C5468288-BFA1-4BAD-BAE6-0E675A7E7A2A.jpeg

A96BAEF8-3D1A-4BC9-A8F9-5F61F2832E55.jpeg

My 100 has been doing occasional trips to work and back for a couple months, not much good dirt (one boring ONF trip with Jeep folks, meh). Been doing some house renovating, vacation, sick for a bit, now ugly weather. The bits for a 1/2" body lift and the suspension parts to take the BL and suspension lift to the 3" max us poor 100 owners can get to are in my garage, starting on the work this week. So I'll be up for some wheeling VERY soon.

I can help change this...
It involves my plasma cutter :hillbilly:
Folks have SAS'd 100s, as you know. It's not cheap, even if you do your own metal work. LOTS of fab, cutting axles, etc. I'd just wait 5 years and buy a LHD Euro 105 if I wanted that .. Before I did that, if I wanted long travel, I'd have already imported a diesel BJ74. :)

Next step is plumbing the fuel system and wireing it.
New pump is in the tank.
Good to see you are putting a pump in tank. My external pumps didn't work out so well. Back to the drawing board for me. Going to build a new fuel tank and go with an in tank pump. The stock Silverado pump setup is actually quite pimp for wheeling. The cheesy looking plastic enclosure the pump sits in acts as a sump. The return fuel flows into it. The vehicle can be on its side and still run for a bit.

Gregg, Look forward to seeing the 47 in person some day

Good to see you are putting a pump in tank. My external pumps didn't work out so well. Back to the drawing board for me. Going to build a new fuel tank and go with an in tank pump. The stock Silverado pump setup is actually quite pimp for wheeling. The cheesy looking plastic enclosure the pump sits in acts as a sump. The return fuel flows into it. The vehicle can be on its side and still run for a bit.

Cut your tank panels out of 1/8" 5052 aluminum, bring it by and I'll weld it up real nice. 5052 will weld cleaner then 6061. I'm pretty good after doing so many of those stupid traffic cabinets.

Matt, thanks for the offer. I might take you up on it. I have 1/8" common diamond plate aluminum free to me. Not sure what type of aluminum it is. I'm not up on my metallurgy. I also have a 1/8 sheet of steel which would allow me to construct and weld up myself. I'm pretty sure I'll go the aluminum route for obvious reasons.

Just from doing an internet search, it's more than likely my aluminum is 6061. I've already ordered aluminum bungs. I might hack some of the hdwr from the RCI tank. Hate to ruin a good tank, but there's so many negative internet posts on problems with the RCI tanks being weak. Another reason for building a new tank.

Just from doing an internet search, it's more than likely my aluminum is 6061. I've already ordered aluminum bungs. I might hack some of the hdwr from the RCI tank. Hate to ruin a good tank, but there's so many negative internet posts on problems with the RCI tanks being weak. Another reason for building a new tank.

Yup, diamond plate is almost always going to be 6061.
Not the end of the world, the only difference is how nice the welds come out, they’re going to get covered in mud and dirt on the back of the truck :)

I’ve thought about experimenting with using an aluminum angle frame that the sheetmetal is attached to, for strength.

You can get aluminum weld-in bungs in any size on Amazon prime, Summit racing, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom