Its Alive! I WIN! (1 Viewer)

I got my new Toy running today. I bought it with a siezed motor and towed it 120 miles home, and it just turned into the best $400 I spent this year. When my wife finds out its running, she will be so much less angry at me!

Hey, how do I post a picture? I am having more trouble with the pic than getting my truck running!

Oh, hey! There the picture is!

airon23

SILVER Star

that's 2400 less than what i paid for mine and it looks pretty good like that.

I think it is a good buy too. Especially now that I drove it up and down the driveway! Unlike the 40 I already have, this one came with all the "extra stuff" attached to the engine. It even has a new alternator and air pump. The PO had desmogged the 40 by removing everything that was not a carburator and canning it or putting it in a box that was in the back. The distributor vac retard was hooked right to the manifold, which is not the best way to go.

Anyway, I am pretty stoked about the truck running now.

So Slickotter, how did you come about this for only $400? Usually these kind of storys are worth passing on!

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
SILVER Star

400 and running .. !!!! wou congrats .. good deal .. ! :D or bad seller :grinpimp:

My brother works at a college and this FJ60 came up on the "For Sale" board. The seller wanted 1000 OBO for the truck. He listed it as having a siezed motor, Alpine CD player, and AC that worked back when it was running. I offered 400 for it, and he called back and said he had an offer for 600 already. I said no thanks, I couldn't get that past the wife. A few weeks later, the seller called and told me his buyer couldn't get the money together for another month and he had just graduated and was moving to Colorado for a job. I was the next best offer, so if I still wanted the truck, it was mine. I went down and towed it home two days later.

It did have a siezed motor. And no oil on the stick. We tried cranking it over, no joy, pushing it and popping the clutch, no joy. I oiled the cyliders, put in oil, and pushed it in 4th with my Bobcat. The wheels started to turn. Then I tried the key and it cranked over. I hooked a can up to the fuel pump and it started right up!

I am planning to pull the engine and replace the bearings as it has a pretty bad knock above idle, but it moves under its own power in the driveway now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom