Issues When Lifting? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just picked up a ‘01 LX470 and my end goal is to delete AHC, throw on some 33’s and lift it. Is there anything I need to consider when lifting in regards to VSC, ABS, TRAC, ATRAC?
As of right now my VSC is triggering on the road and I don’t want to let my family ride In the vehicle when the VSC is going off randomly.
I plan on changing anything I need to in order get this VSC working again... But I want to take my family out for a drive. Any advice on what I need to do in order to lift the truck and fix the VSC?

Service the wheel bearings and set the correct preload/breakaway properly, then perform zero-point calibration.

Service the wheel bearings and set the correct preload/breakaway properly, then perform zero-point calibration.
Planning on it! Thanks man! I’ve heard of the VSC going off when after market wheels and tires are installed, if the wheel bearings are good, what’s else is there? Steering rack? Yaw sensor? Wheel sensors?

Could very well be steering rack or just the steering rack bushings worn. New bushings fixed my '00 LX VSC several years ago.

Planning on it! Thanks man! I’ve heard of the VSC going off when after market wheels and tires are installed, if the wheel bearings are good, what’s else is there? Steering rack? Yaw sensor? Wheel sensors?

Mine was doing this and the guys over at ACC garage adjusted the yaw using their computer and it fixed the issue.

A good alignment shop can check for excessive play in the front end components, if you are not familiar with methods.

About the only issue that I have seen, with VSC, ATRAC, or ABS, from a lift or 33” tires, was related to not leaving 50-70mm of “droop” in the front suspension.

As long as you’re not trying to lift the front end too high, and you do a ZPC, you shouldn’t be adding any issues that don’t already exist with the vehicle.

For the existing issue, as already posted above, I’d be looking for play in the front suspension and/or play in the steering. If you’ve recently had steering work done, you might just need a ZPC to reset the steering and yaw sensors.

So far i plan on inspecting the front wheel sensors (maybe replace..FKN EXPENSIVE!), repacking/replacing wheel bearings, and if worst comes to worst, replacing the steering rack or least inspect and replace the bushings. Would the shop be able to diagnose a faulty YAW sensor? I may need to replace that thing too. I'm in deep and i didn't even start pricing my lift or tires!! Priorities I suppose.

So far i plan on inspecting the front wheel sensors (maybe replace..FKN EXPENSIVE!), repacking/replacing wheel bearings, and if worst comes to worst, replacing the steering rack or least inspect and replace the bushings. Would the shop be able to diagnose a faulty YAW sensor? I may need to replace that thing too. I'm in deep and i didn't even start pricing my lift or tires!! Priorities I suppose.

If it were me, I’d be looking for play in:

Wheel bearings.​
Ball joints.​
Tie rod ends.​
Control arm bushings.​
Steering rack bushings.​
Steering rack.​

before I started trying to fix this, by randomly replacing parts, from least expensive to most expensive.

If it were me, I’d be looking for play in:

Wheel bearings.​
Ball joints.​
Tie rod ends.​
Control arm bushings.​
Steering rack bushings.​
Steering rack.​

before I started trying to fix this, by randomly replacing parts, from least expensive to most expensive.
This is exactly what I'm looking for! Mahalo jLB!

You have this VSC problem now before doing the lift (from reading your other posts). You should have it fixed first and not blame it on lift.

You have this VSC problem now before doing the lift (from reading your other posts). You should have it fixed first and not blame it on lift.
No, I didn't lift it yet. I was going to fix the VSC issue first but I wanted to know the best route so the issue doesn't pop up again when I finally do lift it.
I don't want to fix the issue, lift it, and then have VSC start going irate again because I could've took a better route.

You may want to look up the Techstream in 5 minutes thread on here to see if you can diagnose the problem with the VSC. Also 33's fit fine without a lift or taking off the ahc in case you didn't know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom