is this an oem emblem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

pbgbottle

Forum Lifer
Threads
is this an oem emblem the " toyota "one .
cruiser17.jpg

It appears to be. The "diesel" one is for sure

yes......kinda, the originals were a cream color.....I just bought a new one. that one is prolly sanded down or something
coolfj40_1863_9192027

It doesn't look stock to me, unless the diesel's used a different one. My new one looks just like what landpimp posted. My old one was totally weathered, all silver, even in between the letters. But it didn't look like the one on that truck at all. The letters look too big, and flat. Looks good, just doesn't look stock.

yeah, something is differnet about it, maybe it off a fj60?

ken_79-fj40 said:
It doesn't look stock to me, unless the diesel's used a different one. My new one looks just like what landpimp posted. My old one was totally weathered, all silver, even in between the letters. But it didn't look like the one on that truck at all. The letters look too big, and flat. Looks good, just doesn't look stock.

thing is.......I have seen that emblem someplace on something.......just can't remember where or what?

maybe just a Toyota truck?

I think CCOT did sell an adhesive type emblem like that a few years ago.

Landpimp said:
thing is.......I have seen that emblem someplace on something.......just can't remember where or what?

maybe just a Toyota truck?
Maybe on the Rod Millen Retro Cruiser? I can't find a good close up of the grill.

Doesn't the whole bib look wrong? I'm not sure about the '79+ but the "vents" at the bottom below the opening that contains the emblems on earlier ones has an indented area to the side of each of the vent holes. That one looks perfectly flat from here.

Ditto the 'toyota' emblem looks wrong, too flat also.

I thought the earlier 40 emblems looked a lot like that...guess not :confused:

I think the bib looks correct for 79+

79+ bib(this is a OEM emblem.......faded to white)
90018006.jpg

40640501.jpg

40639674.jpg

honk said:
Doesn't the whole bib look wrong? I'm not sure about the '79+ but the "vents" at the bottom below the opening that contains the emblems on earlier ones has an indented area to the side of each of the vent holes. That one looks perfectly flat from here.

Ditto the 'toyota' emblem looks wrong, too flat also.

is this that 84 from saudi arabia...maybe non us emblems are different? i agree on oem milled down and polished though.

got a link to more of the 40?

nuclearlemon said:
is this that 84 from saudi arabia...maybe non us emblems are different? i agree on oem milled down and polished though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom