is this an oem emblem

Landpimp

GOLD Star

yes......kinda, the originals were a cream color.....I just bought a new one. that one is prolly sanded down or something

ken_79-fj40

It doesn't look stock to me, unless the diesel's used a different one. My new one looks just like what landpimp posted. My old one was totally weathered, all silver, even in between the letters. But it didn't look like the one on that truck at all. The letters look too big, and flat. Looks good, just doesn't look stock.

Landpimp

GOLD Star

yeah, something is differnet about it, maybe it off a fj60?

ken_79-fj40 said:
It doesn't look stock to me, unless the diesel's used a different one. My new one looks just like what landpimp posted. My old one was totally weathered, all silver, even in between the letters. But it didn't look like the one on that truck at all. The letters look too big, and flat. Looks good, just doesn't look stock.

esh

Doesn't appear OEM. Diesels had the same as gassers (my BJ42s and '79 FJ40 are all identical)-

Landpimp

GOLD Star

thing is.......I have seen that emblem someplace on something.......just can't remember where or what?

maybe just a Toyota truck?

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member

Landpimp said:
thing is.......I have seen that emblem someplace on something.......just can't remember where or what?

maybe just a Toyota truck?
Maybe on the Rod Millen Retro Cruiser? I can't find a good close up of the grill.

honk

Doesn't the whole bib look wrong? I'm not sure about the '79+ but the "vents" at the bottom below the opening that contains the emblems on earlier ones has an indented area to the side of each of the vent holes. That one looks perfectly flat from here.

Ditto the 'toyota' emblem looks wrong, too flat also.

Landpimp

GOLD Star

I think the bib looks correct for 79+

79+ bib(this is a OEM emblem.......faded to white)

honk said:
Doesn't the whole bib look wrong? I'm not sure about the '79+ but the "vents" at the bottom below the opening that contains the emblems on earlier ones has an indented area to the side of each of the vent holes. That one looks perfectly flat from here.

Ditto the 'toyota' emblem looks wrong, too flat also.

Top Bottom