Is this a good deal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone, I have been a long time Toyota owner, gen 1, 2, and 3 tacomas and a 4runner. I am looking to get out of my current car payment for my '17 tacoma trd and downgrade (or upgrade depending on how you look at it)to an 80 series. I know these posts come up every so often and I have looked at Slees newbie guide as well as spent several hours combing through this forum trying to decide if this is the right choice. FJ80 is definitely the direction I want to go. I have a budget around 10k for the fj80 cost. I'd like to get something I don't have to put too much $$$ into to make it DD worthy. Right now, my commute is super minimal, but I would like something that I wouldn't hesitate to drive cross country.
My long term goal with vehicle would be to have it "expo" ready. 315's bumpers, sliders, RTT. My lady and I both love camping, offroading and are rock climbers so we like to get out and about.

On to my question. I have this one in mind 1997 Lexus LX450 (Land Cruiser) with lockers

Does this look like a reasonable deal or is it too expensive and I would be over paying? What are other things I should look out for besides those mentioned in the Slee guide? Anything I should be asking or inspecting that I haven't even considered?

Thanks for any input and please don't flame me too bad if I asked a dumb question :)

Cheers!

Yup! Buy it.

Otherwise, thanks for the link!

Looks to be in good shape. I’d be curious as to what the engine tuneup included. As far as price, they’re creeping up, especially a true rust free one and working lockers.

Oh... :flipoff2:

LOL people don't snipe on here that bad do they?

Not that you know of........

No, they don't.

Just don't wait though. These don't last.

And I don't want an LX anyway. I want an LC.

Reactions: RFB
That's a lot of dough for a 244K mile gas hog.

They are going up up and up. I would want to pay a little less (10K) but its hard to find a clean rust free truck with lockers for 10 and under. They go fast, like really fast. I've literally missed out by being the second guy to call. You can read some of the posts in this thread Did I make a bad decision on my purchase? Not even sure I should post this here? for a recent discussion on value.

Service history
condition
mileage (within reason)
price

In that order.

They are asking more these days because they read Craigslist and that's what others are asking. I personally wouldn't pay that much for a 20+ year old rig that has 244K miles on it. JMHO.

I was gonna say a bit high $$ for the mileage but the part-time kit suggests its the right asking price. Thats a pretty major upgrade. So is lockers. I guess it depends on whether you want stuff or not. Truck has some nice stuff.

I would guess he wouldn't let that go for 10K. I just bought a TX 100 2001 and its immaculate compared to my CT FZJ80.

If you're looking to camp in this and want front rear armor, RTT, 315s, sliders then you're going to add 4000 easily.

Also, I love how the ad says remote doesn't work, could be the battery. Stuff like that is a flag to me, just go get a battery and an eyeglass screwdriver and figure it out.

Great looking truck though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom