ironman 4x4 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not sure how many have had experience with Ironman products, my first try with them hasn't quite worked out.
The rear sway bar links on my 80 series met their end, I figured since I have a lift I should go with extended links.
off to the interweeb....
I came across the ironman4x4 extended swaybar links, I look at the picture, yup thats them. Read the description, comes with bushings and has a greasable bearing, sounds good.
Me being still a bit old school, I call to place my order, not sure who I spoke to but great service either way. I explain which part broke, give the part number from website, I heard the clicks of the mouse on the other side (there are 2 styles of links in the pic, I say mine is the one on the right) all seems cool.
Cha-ching goes the Visa and now it's wait for arrival.
Since new parts are on the way I cut off my old links (they were destroyed) and wait.
A few weeks later the parts arrive, nicely boxed, a couple cool looking cyclops stickers, and wtf?! is this...a bracket? I check the part number on the pack to the website (both usa and aus)‎ both go to the picture and description of what I ordered...
Telephone...nice guys on the phone say "yeah you are right it is nothing like the picture or description but that's the part, never seen the part pictured" sure the picture on the website says "generic picture only, may not be exactly as shown". Yet with the description as it is I think sure maybe it could be a different colour. The guy on the phone agrees that it is veeeeery misleading.
...ok sure I can make this bracket work if I get new oem links and bushings, you know the parts I ordered...they tell me that they'll look into getting the right parts, the ones in the picture on the website...ok lets try that
I wait
I wait
I email
"Yup we're looking into it"
I wait
I wait
I email
No response
I wait
Meanwhile my truck is wallowing down the highway like a land yacht, it's my daily driver/work truck....no sudden lane changes. My lady is now forbidden to drive it until its more stable, don't want her crashing.

This will not do. I email the parts guru I normally use for oem parts, bam i've got parts in days.

I email what I think is ironman HQ in Aus, the response is brief. Basically, nope there are no links made for that truck, just brackets. The website shows a generic picture.
Thanks guys, good work. The title of the part is extended link, picture is a link, description is a link. I'm no psychic but to me that's a link not a bracket.
Now the ironman parts look nice, beefy and they'll work, now that i've spent double the money. But the point is they are not as advertised, and nobody at the company seems to care.

So now when it comes time to replace my suspension (which is soon) or buy that fridge or roof top tent that i'm getting, my money is going elsewhere

IMG_20160913_061649.png
IMG_20160913_061730.png
IMG_20160913_061730.png
IMG_20160913_061710.png

That is shameful. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the info. your landcruiser looks nice what size tire rim lift etc are you running I was looking at the iron man lift kit. The one in yourbrowser pic

I'm running 35x12 15R on my truck. The lift is 3" which I think is TJM, it was installed in Japan before it came to Canada.
I had been looking at the Ironman lifts for a while as well, seemed like a good price, but maybe those are just generic pictures and instead of springs and shocks you'll get a pack of hockey pucks to put between the frame and body...

Just out of curiosity I thought I would look and see what I found on overseas sites this is what pops up on a vendor site for ironman 4x4 I have usually heard good things but your story sounds like they have untrained customer service which is what would shy me away they have three different part numbers associate with the 80 series and sway bar extensions its possible they sent the wrong part number

Ironman 4x4 Extended Sway Bar Links (Toyota Landcruiser)

swaybarextensions1b__50458.1413367101.1280.1280.jpg

the products are good, and they're respected in australia and other markets, they seem to not have a good hold on the north american distribution side. If they'd let me help them...

So now when it comes time to replace my suspension (which is soon) or buy that fridge or roof top tent that i'm getting, my money is going elsewhere

based on your experience I don't blame you.

Judging by the email response I received from them I was sent the only part that they make for my truck (rear sway bar related)
Sure the product looks well made, and it will work. Its the "meh, who cares" vibe I got that has turned me off.
The usa distributors seemed great but I think thats where it ends.
The market for these parts in north america is too small to have bad service.
I should have known ahead of time, some months ago I emailed to tell them the ironman4x4canada website was all in Russian, no response to that either

Judging by the email response I received from them I was sent the only part that they make for my truck (rear sway bar related)
Sure the product looks well made, and it will work. Its the "meh, who cares" vibe I got that has turned me off.
The usa distributors seemed great but I think thats where it ends.
The market for these parts in north america is too small to have bad service.
I should have known ahead of time, some months ago I emailed to tell them the ironman4x4canada website was all in Russian, no response to that either

their suspension is quiet good... but you're right, no room for bad service. take a look at all the big guns on this website paying lip service to their brand or business, you have to massage your target markets if you're not an old man emu.

IF I were you, I'd post some stuff on a public instagram account and tag them and tag their tags, see if they react, their instagram page seems to be well taken care of.

WOW, Got lucky on running across this post. I am actually on their website getting ready to order the same product, or the same reason. I was installing balancing beads in my tires this weekend and noticed the link bushings in the rear are toast. Guess I will have to find them somewhere else. Any suggestions?

MetalTech is a NA vendor for ironman. They sell the 80 series ironman brackets and I have never had issues with them.

We do extensions (brackets), but not new links. Looks like their photos and descriptions just weren't correct for this deal. We do do links for the Patrol, but for some reason not the 80.

That is the problem, they are brackets not links, which was the part needed. It was metalteach that I dealt with as the reps for ironman
MetalTech is a NA vendor for ironman. They sell the 80 series ironman brackets and I have never had issues with them.

After getting new oem links the brackets went on my truck, sure they work, look well made etc. Still haven't heard back from ironman/metaltech, and see that they haven't changed their website description/photo for the misleading product

After getting new oem links the brackets went on my truck, sure they work, look well made etc. Still haven't heard back from ironman/metaltech, and see that they haven't changed their website description/photo for the misleading product
Idk what your talking about man, on MetalTech's website all I see listed for the 80 series sway bar is that drop bracket, and it shows the correct pic.

Go to the ironman4x4 website, not metaltech. When you order from ironman usa it is shipped from metaltech, not sure what the arrangement is if they are distributors or a franchisee. Either way not the point of the thread

As far as getting longer links, I have heard that the links on some cargo vans will work, the problem is wandering through auto-wreckers to find them and in good shape...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom