Iron man lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj80oregon

GOLD Star
Threads
so I purchased a iron man lift last month and got some time to install. The question I have and hopefully it will be answered in timely manner by iron man tomorrow is. I got some shocks with the big accordion style dust boot for the front and the hardware does not sit snug inside the shock tower it’s kinda loose I think I got given the wrong shocks! Anybody install a Ironman kit lately and can confirm the front shocks are like the rear with the big plastic dust boot? The picture I posted is the kit I got and it shows shocks with out the accordion style dust boot. Thanks the other picture is the rear installed.

E0A0616B-ABB2-468F-AE81-6B4D8D67AEED.png

C5F3BBF4-1169-4150-90FE-352DEB9A9DAE.jpeg

You mean the top of the front shock the stud is loose? It shouldn't be a tight fit, the nut clamps the rubber bushings tight and prevents movement until they wear out. Metal on metal contact would make lost of noise and filings.

What they said above.

But if your saying the front shocks have a squishy rubber accordian style boot thing like you would see on an old dirt bike fork, than I would write down the part #'s and call ironman. I have called ironmanusa before and they were awesome.

My iron man shocks have the hard abs like plastic protectors on the front and rear. But I think ironman offers a few different shocks for the 80 series so definitley check with them.

goodluck

Last edited:
I have the 4" foam cell pro shocks at all 4 corners with the hard plastic covers as shown in your picture of the rear left. It was a bit of a PITA to keep the shock body from rotating while tightening the upper mounts, but doable. Rattle gun makes it quick and painless for the pin mounts.
If they give you polyurethane bushings with the kit, get yourself some OEM bushings and hardware.
Shock bushings: 90948-01004

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom