IPOR wireing harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Most aftermarket harnesses are pretty much the same. 15 circuits is a bit overkill IMHO. I used a Painless 12 and still had a couple left over. Make sure you have a decent wiring diagram when you install it. If you don't have one handy, Coolerman's site has a pretty good one.

Micky:
I haven't used that particular wiring harness, but I have had IPOR do a whole lot of work on my 74 FJ40 and they are known around here on the east coast as a very reputable vendor/install shop. Owner Lance is serious about getting it right, so you may want to talk with him about why he felt the need to produce the 15 circuit compared to Painless (whose products I have also used) and other vendors.
Regards- Louis

Most aftermarket harnesses are pretty much the same. 15 circuits is a bit overkill IMHO. I used a Painless 12 and still had a couple left over. Make sure you have a decent wiring diagram when you install it. If you don't have one handy, Coolerman's site has a pretty good one.

I have a secondary fuse panel, otherwise I would have used at least 15

electric fan, aftermarket rock lights, amplifier, CB, ARB compressor and winch provisions can easily exceed a 12 circuit harness

I have a secondary fuse panel, otherwise I would have used at least 15

electric fan, aftermarket rock lights, amplifier, CB, ARB compressor and winch provisions can easily exceed a 12 circuit harness

In your case it's easy to get to that point. In a resto-mod 12 to 15 is more than enough IMHO.

In my 40 I have the electric fan wired to a relay to the battery, the CB to the radio circuit (since only 1 item will be on at a time), the aux light wired to the hood light circuit. I'll be adding an on-board air sometime soon and have a circuit dedicated for it already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom