IPOR Skid plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey guys - just got the message last night at 4:37 PM and returned Andrew's call this morning. Cut him some slack guys, we all know it's a skid plate but apparently UPS dragged it behind the truck for the last 5 miles before dropping it off at his house. Not really thrilled to hear the condition it arrived in and I would be pissed too.

Please know that the powder coating is intended for storage and handling only and no one pays extra for it. (except for me of course) We used to have a note on the website to that effect but over multiple rebuilds of the site it appears to be missing - just fixed it. When you need to handle bare steel of the type used for our skids it can "flash rust" everywhere you touch it. To prevent this from happening I pay extra to our laser facility to have them powder coated - it's cheap protection and the price of the skid has not increased at all as a result of adding this additional layer of protection.

We had tried boxes in the past but the skid would burst out thereby separating from the delivery label and be lost - too many lost skids that way. (I actually had a cardboard box company try to design a box to contain the 80 skid but they were unable to do so at any reasonable cost) With that said we initially began shipping powder coated skids with a plastic wrap on it. Sure the big scratches get through, but for the most part they arrive pretty clean. Not sure when the guys stopped doing like that but I know they wouldn't if they knew that the skids were being damaged this way.

Thanks to those who recommended Andrew contact IPOR to get help with this issue. We can't monitor every thread on ih8mud so the best way to get help with an order is to pick up the phone and call. (and I'm ALWAYS available if you want to speak with me directly)

Lance

Glad it worked out.

But I think most of us were hoping for at least a little giggle ;)

Everything is great! The skid is installed so my 80 is even closer to TANK status haha.
Lance was awesome on the phone and informed me that there was some new personnel on staff who should have wrapped it... He wanted to help me out as much as he could and assured me that what happened to me will not happen to others in the future.
All that being said... ORDER AN IPOR SKID!
They definitely redeemed themselves and I will be returning for future business. Thanks Lance!

Now it will get all scratched up on the trail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom