IPOR Skid plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This is an Edit: Before you all go through this thread know that IPOR straightened everything out perfectly. Their customer service was excellent. I was actually in the wrong about the powder coating. It is just to keep the plate from rusting... It is not a final powder coating like I thought it was going to be. I love the skid plate! It has taken everything I have thrown at it. It is definitely the best plate on the market and lives up to iron pigs standard of being the best. If you are on the fence about purchasing it go for it! It is one of the best mods I have done and really gives me piece of mind when wheeling. Buy one!

Last edited:
Not that I condone how they chose to ship it, but, skid plate is one of those things that I'm really not going to care about because I fully intend to beat the hell out of it. Great looking powder coating is meaningless if it's hidden under the truck and getting rock rash. But I get that you should be doing the gouging.

Mine was shipped the same way but mine was unpainted. It's not really a big deal as it will get scratched up on the trail. There are worst things in the world to worry about.

While I do agree that the skid plate will get scratched anyway, I'd rather it be on the trail. That is kind of ridiculous that it would be shipped like that. I at least want to see the skid plate new once before it starts sliding around on the rocks.

Lol, really?

I think the guys at IPOR will get a good chuckle if you call to complain about your SKID PLATE being scratched.

Surprisingly, it took approximately 2 years for my UPS label to be fully removed natural way...... By wheeling the truck.

I get your point, but come on....

He's been shipping it that way for years. It's just a piece of metal.

I got a chuckle.

Why even powder coat it? Why not order it raw and spray paint it? Should be $75-100 cheaper and easier to touch up if need be.

Ha, My skid came in mint...:rolleyes: It is surely not mint anymore. Yet not bent at all.

I agree with the OP, you are paying for powdercoating so they should ship it accordingly. Mine came with some cardboard wrapped around it to protect it. It did a good enough job to get it to me. I would be pissed if it were shipped with nothing covering it. That is just lazy.

When I went to install it, it was fairly hard to install. Most of the bolt holes were not really in line with my truck. I had to spend alot of time with a rat tail file to make it fit. I was not very happy.

hahahahaha but we are all in agreement that bare metal rusts obviously...
and like I said guys I know its a skid but its a $400 brand new product...
Its not just scratched, its gouged. In certain places its not just the coating that's been removed, it is chipped badly on the corners. I plan on treating it like my sliders: Not gonna care if the rocks get to them, but when I get home hit the bare metal with a rattle can to cover the exposed metal.
You have to understand me being OCD about my LX...
Come on this is Ih8mud haha
Im OCD to the point that I am removing the sticker and the left over adhesive pisses me off.
I am just going to call them and at least make it so they don't treat future customers as they did me.
Its a skid plate but its mine so respect it!
I'd put down an MF if I saw someone in the parking lot scratching up my sliders. Criminal damage to property haha.

People who have the IPOR skid on their LONG to do list for their 80: Tell them to package it up when you order!

this is kind of like buying a hammer. If you intend on using it why worry about how nice it looks in the packaging. You are only going to beat the thing silly.
Good point (and your a good guy Landtank) but lets say your at the hardware store to buy a NEW hammer. They have multiple of the same one you want, I'm sure your gonna pick the beat up one out of the package when there is a brand new one wrapped up right next to it. NOT!

Powder coating a skid plate...seriously
Dude bare metal rusts! You telling me you put your sliders on without coating them?

Why even powder coat it? Why not order it raw and spray paint it? Should be $75-100 cheaper and easier to touch up if need be.
They didn't give me that option or else I would have... But it still would be gouged all over the edges and my OCD ass would be annoyed haha

He's been shipping it that way for years. It's just a piece of metal.
They did lobotomies for years and when it became illogical they stopped... haha
Lets hope I can convince them not caring about my $400 piece of metal for my baby is illogical and future customers can be treated more professionally. It ain't a Land Rover skid plate haha

Thanks for all the replies guys! I'm off to bed. Have to wake up early for work tomorrow so I can make more $ to dump into the LC hahaha
We can all agree on that!

If they don't have it raw as an option then I feel they should definitely protect it during shipping. I think PC a skid, bumpers or rails is a bad idea. When PC chips it can leave voids under the chipped layer that'll hold water, you won't be able to paint it without chipping it more and it WILL rust under there.

If they don't have it raw as an option then I feel they should definitely protect it during shipping. I think PC a skid, bumpers or rails is a bad idea. When PC chips it can leave voids under the chipped layer that'll hold water, you won't be able to paint it without chipping it more and it WILL rust under there.
Dude I didn't know that! You think I should recoat it with the spray paint that is designed to be sprayed over rust and stop the process?

I agree with the OP, you are paying for powdercoating so they should ship it accordingly. Mine came with some cardboard wrapped around it to protect it. It did a good enough job to get it to me. I would be pissed if it were shipped with nothing covering it. That is just lazy.

When I went to install it, it was fairly hard to install. Most of the bolt holes were not really in line with my truck. I had to spend alot of time with a rat tail file to make it fit. I was not very happy.

I was more upset about having to open up a couple mounting holes with my dremmel tool too. But yes mine arrived with just a label. Meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom