For Sale IOWA 1984....59K..1 owner, Freeborn Red (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love the pic of the original owner in the bottom left...

Love the pic of the original owner in the bottom left...
back when they had the oh what a feeling and the toyota jump with hands in the air

Seems nice but cylinders 2 and 4 are worrisome not being 170. This could be a sure sign that the engine is only going to last another 300,000 miles.

These red ones seem to be the color of choice for people to go hog wild on the bidding on BAT. I would not have predicted the magic color was red...always figured the iconic 60 color was the tan/beige.

I have a red one, and it was not my first choice in colour. But people seem to love it. I've had a lot of people get excited when I show them a picture "Oh, you got a red one. Nice!".

Oh well, red ones are the fastest. So there's that.

I have a red one, and it was not my first choice in colour. But people seem to love it. I've had a lot of people get excited when I show them a picture "Oh, you got a red one. Nice!".

Oh well, red ones are the fastest. So there's that.

Bought a BJ60 new in 1982. Only one decision to make when ordering. Blue, Red or Brown? All came with the brown interior.

Ordered a Brown, sight unseen.

Looks like a great truck, and thorough write-up on it.
Wondering what folks think about the Amsoil uncarriage treatment. Not so much as to whether or not Amsoil is an effective treatment/protectant, but along the lines of what was the frame, etc. like before the treatment? It seems to me the buyer of a low mileage beauty like this would want to see, and actually probably be OK with her "warts." Am I off on this?

I recently purchased a low mileage FJ62. Various nuts/bolts/washers and other underside bits are somewhat corroded - nothing severe, but I am glad to know that everything underneath is untouched;I feel I know exactly the truck's condition.

@AdventureDad - The Amsoil MP treatment doesn't cover anything like an undercoating product, It's a waxy spray-on coating that protects, lubricates and displaces water. I like the stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom