Inverter Wiring Advice for TEMPORARY Installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^This imo
Rotate drivers and push thru 36 hrs, then rest overnight once.
Yeah, we have to drive 2x cars, hoping for 12-14 hours. I'm shipping the 80.

Just thinking outside the box here........

Well, maybe inside the box......

Turkeys and rabbits freeze well and you can transport the meat in large coolers and you can roast the meat on the manifold while you drive..........

Just pulling your leg...... (turkey leg...)

I'm here all week..... Don't forget to tip your wait staff!
LOL, the irony is I have a bunch already frozen and we are eating the heck out of them. Told the wife, we should pack some charcoal in case one doesn't make it. Rest stop BBQ!

Another thought is keeping the inverter in the truck and using an extension cord on the AC unit. Much cheaper to keep the DC wire short as possible.
yeah with the cable size and length you're using proposing, it's incredibly expensive ... and the recommendation to make it as short as possible is best... how much were you looking to spend anyways?

yeah with the cable size and length you're using proposing, it's incredibly expensive ... and the recommendation to make it as short as possible is best... how much were you looking to spend anyways?
There's no budget, just as little as possible. The solution as spec'd is about $600 which is about double of what I'd like to do. I'm totally aware of how pricey this is. My 80 is outfitted to do this just fine already but it doesn't have the cargo space so....it is what it is. :meh:

I spent:
Inverter: $488
Cable Lugs: $20
Cable: $146
Anderson Connectors: $79
Circuit Breaker: $34

So, I am in about $767 total for my inverter setup, all from Amazon and I have much heavier cable than you are planning.

Damn. You made me look it up and add it together........

I bought some 0 gauge jumper cables for my 1000w inverter setup. I think they were about $40 for a set of 20 footers.

I spent:
Inverter: $488
Cable Lugs: $20
Cable: $146
Anderson Connectors: $79
Circuit Breaker: $34

So, I am in about $767 total for my inverter setup, all from Amazon and I have much heavier cable than you are planning.

Damn. You made me look it up and add it together........
Yeah, that's about what I have in my 80 setup.

I bought some 0 gauge jumper cables for my 1000w inverter setup. I think they were about $40 for a set of 20 footers.
Are you sure they are 1/0? That's pretty cheap.

I suggest option 4, run a small generator. The air flow will dissipate the exhaust, and when you're parked, you can place the Genny on the ground. While maybe not the cheapest option, you can secure it a variety of ways

I highly doubt the quail would survive the trek. They're highly susceptible to stress (and heat).

Well on first post i was thinking you were actually planning to have spouse and your offspring in the box, and although I don't encourage that sort of thing I can be understanding of the sentiment. I have an idea that is just a thought and would only function while the vehicle is running, so i recognize the limitation, BUT I've lived in the country and people like me get ideas on the CHEAP. and this idea is FREE.

something like this to pipe the interior A/C cool back to to the box through maybe a rear sliding window (maybe make a plexy glass/duct tape adaptor. CoolCop — CoolCop Body Armor Air Conditioning - https://www.coolcop.com/coolcop to use vehicle A/C air to do the cooling.

Also design the box to have openings so that you can open and close it to pull air internally at the top, that keeps the radiant heat down and also allows you to only use the AC option when it is really actually warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom