Introduce yourself... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Midwest Wheeler,

There are many options:

#1 SMORR - Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch - Seymour, MO. SMORR, Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch - Home

#2 Joe State Park | Missouri State Parks

#3 Flatnasty next to Salem MO
Welcome to Flatnasty

#4 Washita next to Farmington MO
Washita Off-Road Trails

#5 Potawatomi Offroad Park 7 miles north of Kingdom City Capital City Crawlers

#6 Sayers Brook Potosi MO
SayersBrook Off Roading

Take Your Pick. Keep an eye on the Missouri Forum (KC, STL, OZARK) for upcoming trail rides.

#5 Potawatomi SUCKS! and #6 Sayersbrook Bison Ranch only allows organized trail rides with groups. The rest are fine.

If you just like a nice drive off paved roads there is the Palmer Lake area in the Mark Twain National forest near Potosi, MO or you can try the Lost Creek Road that goes from the Foristell/Warrenton, MO area towards Hermann, MO

moonlight ranch in Sullivan as well. I hear it's only a small park. Haven't been there yet. I might go there before the end of the year for a shake down on my friends rig.

#5 Potawatomi SUCKS!

Potawatomi is where I usually went with my 4 wheelers and jeep , I just took my land cruiser out there last week and was impressed with its capabilities , but your right ... its not maintained at all and its mostly set up for 4 wheelers , as many trails are fairly narrow... but , keep in mind its just a guys land that he lets people road on (for anyone who hasnt been there)

#5 Potawatomi SUCKS!

Potawatomi is where I usually went with my 4 wheelers and jeep , I just took my land cruiser out there last week and was impressed with its capabilities , but your right ... its not maintained at all and its mostly set up for 4 wheelers , as many trails are fairly narrow... but , keep in mind its just a guys land that he lets people road on (for anyone who hasnt been there)

When I was there two years ago there was so much garbage in the camping area that I was expecting to see trash trucks backing up and emptying their load. It was disgusting. We also had a friggin herd of raccoons at night digging through it all.

I guess if you live local it might be fine but I wouldn't drive more than an hour to get to that place.

Introducing myself

Hi everybody,

My name is Ron and I live in Dittmer. Back in the 70's through 90's, I had a FJ40, soa and a small block chevy in it. Used to run the Black River, before they stopped it. Ran at St. Joe's before it was a park, so you get the idea, I'm old! Now I'm building a 55, I haven't seen any on here yet? I started a thread in the 55 section, SLOW 71, check it out. Nice looking at all your trucks, hope to meet you guys sometime. Here's a few shots of mine.

family and FJ55 059.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

Hi everybody,

Back in the 70's through 90's, I had a FJ40, soa and a small block chevy in it. Used to run the Black River, before they stopped it.

Lesterville....lots of wheeling...and drinking..lol

House Springs here. Nice pig. Must be nice having a big barn and rotisserie to build a truck in. Look forward to seeing it on the trail.

Thanks Toyminator,

I lived in House Springs for twenty years, then moved out.

At the rate I'm going on this one, it might be awhile, before you see it on the trails. I've got no reason to rush it, just having fun building things.

Nice Work Ron. Look forward to seeing it completed. I think 50+ years of MO laying down the salt has depleted our local stock of older cruisers. Where did you pick that one up?

I got that one in Vermont, but it came from Arizona. It was a dessert truck, that's why I bought it, 99% rust free! My 76 40 rusted away quick, so I removed the body and built a subfloor on the frame. Ran it offroad, like that for years, pre rock buggies.

Introduction:

Name: David
Home: St. Peters MO
Cruisers: 1970 FJ40 Cruiser
1998 Series 100

Just purchased restored fj40. Needs a few little things done:
Leaking wheel seal
leak from speed/transfer case
fuel gauge (poly/tank)
Speedo bouncing
Runs well just needs the pesky things. Any help would be great as I am new to the FJ.
Thanks
David

I don't think I've posted up in here yet. My name is Zack and I live out in O'Fallon, MO. I'm pretty active on the xterra sites, but not in here. I have a 2006 Nissan Xterra.

here's the short bus on our way to a float trip last summer.
xterra001.jpg

Welcome to Mud! :flipoff2:

Angelo

LMAO. We can't seem to get the Landcruiser people in St. Louis to organize and come around so we might as well see if the Xterra peeps can.

Welcome :beer:

New BJ74 In St Louis

I bought this guy about a year ago, and am just now looking into some cleanup/mods. It has been very well cared for, with almost no rust. Just imported from Australia, and needs some minor sorting.

Lift seems modest and well done, handles well and if not for a pesky electrical drain, would be a contender for daily driver.

Looking forward to going to some events and meeting other enthusiasts. Suggestions for a good local shop who can do some sorting would also be appreciated!

Hardtop is back on now...dont think I will be removing that again, was quite a pain!

86bj74.jpg

Welcome. Sweet Cruiser!

Hey everyone. Figured I'd start my first post here. Name is Justin and I'm out in Farmington, MO. Have an '08 FJC I can't stop modding :D. I'm fairly active on the blue room and go by Sir_FJ_Harington. Anyway, was at Sayersbrook a coupe weeks ago and Washita this weekend. Would like to wheel at Moonlight and Flatnasty sometime this year. Anyway, here are pics from Sayersbrook.

8670004787_b16fba9502_b.jpg

8670005915_c069fe2b1f_b.jpg

8670092233_c3b17f222a_b.jpg

8642086918_c782edd48b_b.jpg

Hello, Doc Mongo checking in. I have a 2002 4Runner that I am slowly modding (next Id like to install an ARB bull bar). I heard about this forum from T4R and came to check it out.

I'd like to find places near St Louis that can help with certain mods that I can't do on my own.

Hey all, I'm out in Wildwood and currently hunting my first FJ40. I've been lusting after them for longer than seems natural, so it's time to make it happen.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/771607-journey-my-first-fj40.html

I currently drive the furthest thing from an FJ40...a Mini Cooper S convertible. :) So you can see I need balance in my life.

Any cruiser meetups happening in St. Louis area?

I'm also looking for good, reputable shops that'll work on FJ40s, if anyone knows of any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom