Introduce yourself... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey all, I'm out in Wildwood and currently hunting my first FJ40. I've been lusting after them for longer than seems natural, so it's time to make it happen.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/771607-journey-my-first-fj40.html

I currently drive the furthest thing from an FJ40...a Mini Cooper S convertible. :) So you can see I need balance in my life.

Any cruiser meetups happening in St. Louis area?

I'm also looking for good, reputable shops that'll work on FJ40s, if anyone knows of any.

Unfortunately not much "cruiser only" happenings in St. Louis.

Try this site. http://www.mo4wd.com/index.php There are a lot of Toyota owners there. I know a place that will work on your fj40 when you get it. PM me and I will tell you more.

New Guy in Town

Hi, name is Mike, just moved here from Colorado Springs. I am living and working downttown St L, and have my project 77 FJ with 3FE upgrade in baskets in my car trailer.... need to establish connection with locals FJ enthusiasts to get info on local sources and mechanics/body shops to assist in rebuilding. I took it off the frame 4 years ago, and it was a father son project.... then I went to a summer vacation in Kabul Afghanistan. I can do some of the work myself,,,, but I want this thing DONE!!!! Need to paint, some body work, wiring, and hoses etc,,,,,, like to meet up with folks and get together!!
Mike

Tornado Alley Cruiser Member who needs a second club?

That's not like cheating is it? I live west of Columbia, and have a 97 FZJ Anniversary 80. Slee short bus front bumper, 9500 Warn Pro Series with Synthetic, triple factory locked, slee/OME 4" kit, diff lock override button, 1 pair KC 130 watt lamps, metal tech sliders, 285 Yokahama Geolander mud terrains and hope to add slee rear bumper or other good bumper this year. Wheeled it at SMORR and it was the best weekend I've had for a long time. I was 110% impressed. I never realized how capable an 80 is until I drove one. Wowza!

Can I join your club? Can't have too many Cruiser friends. And are any of you guys going to GSM in May? I'd like to caravan if we all head out the same day. GSM lasts 6 days I think. I thought about driving out Wed and wheeling all day and some nights Thurs-Sat then drive back Sunday. Best regards, David.

That's not like cheating is it? I live west of Columbia, and have a 97 FZJ Anniversary 80. Slee short bus front bumper, 9500 Warn Pro Series with Synthetic, triple factory locked, slee/OME 4" kit, diff lock override button, 1 pair KC 130 watt lamps, metal tech sliders, 285 Yokahama Geolander mud terrains and hope to add slee rear bumper or other good bumper this year. Wheeled it at SMORR and it was the best weekend I've had for a long time. I was 110% impressed. I never realized how capable an 80 is until I drove one. Wowza!

Can I join your club? Can't have too many Cruiser friends. And are any of you guys going to GSM in May? I'd like to caravan if we all head out the same day. GSM lasts 6 days I think. I thought about driving out Wed and wheeling all day and some nights Thurs-Sat then drive back Sunday. Best regards, David.

Unfortunately there are not many active cruiser people in St. Louis. There is a local group of wheelers that meet and wheel regularly on this site. http://www.mo4wd.com/index.php

or you can try the Kansas City side.

I'm registered and made a post, thank you Toyminator!

Checking In

Taul Paul here in Jackson, MO. I'm a noobie on this site, but not to FJ40's. My first Toyota was a 1967 Corona my parents had bought new, (it was the only Toyota in town for a long time!), and by the time I was old enuf to drive I took it to auto mechanics class in HSchool and rebuilt it. I bought my first FJ40, a 1972, in 1975 for $2700. It was cherry with 25K on it. I drove it the next day from Cape to San Diego non-stop to the Navy base there. Over the next 18 years it was my daily driver. I made the CA-MO and back non-stop trips twice a year while in the military. That FJ40 and I went all over the US, four wheeling all along the way. I cried when I sold it for half of what I paid for it. But, I replaced it with a 1980 FJ40 with 60K on it. Drove that for about 6 years until someone made me a ridiculous offer on it, and I sold it. Just got my third FJ40 last July for $3K. Body tub is rusted through bad, but mechanically is perfect now that we've fixed everything. It's my daily driver, and parks alongside my 2004 Tacoma. Next summer I'm looking forward to taking off the hardtop and doors! I plan to replace the tub, so I'm looking for one or parts of one's so that I can piece a whole tub together. Looking forward to getting to know you folks.

Hi Guys,
Soon to be in your state... sold in Seattle and looking forward to living in the country. I have 2 Landcruisers. A 1997 FZJ80 and a 1972 FJ40, both built, both wheelers. I'm heading down to Springfield this weekend to check out a small farm I want to buy to the north of there. Love drinking beer and talking cruisers, enjoy wheeling them even more.

Hi Guys,
Soon to be in your state... sold in Seattle and looking forward to living in the country. I have 2 Landcruisers. A 1997 FZJ80 and a 1972 FJ40, both built, both wheelers. I'm heading down to Springfield this weekend to check out a small farm I want to buy to the north of there. Love drinking beer and talking cruisers, enjoy wheeling them even more.

Hi, Mike,, I am also a Mike,, I live in St Louis Proper, and am involved in a complete frame off rebuild of a 77 FJ40,,, just got the tub back from linex-ing and I am looking for an H55 5 spd transmission,,,, I need help, and looking to get together with knowledgeable FJ40 folks,,,, (Or even not so knowledgeable folks) who can remind we where everything went before I tore it apart.... my son and I began this process long ago and I had to take a year of two off, to go to Afghanistan,,,, now I am in st louis, and brought the FJ to work on,,, drop me a line,,, 719-330-3198 love to show it to you, and get some pointers, may even buy some beer,,, I would like to get some folks together here as well in the City/County,,,,

Tornado Alley Cruiser Member who needs a second club?

Hey David,
I have almost the exact same 80 that you do, same lift same winch, same sliders. Great rig

Hey Mike. So you are moving to southern MO from Washington? I bet you will like it. I've seen both and WA is awesome. But more rugged.

Look forward to meeting you and wheeling our awesome rigs! Best year and set up ever. Just joking but possibly true. ;)

Hey David,
I have almost the exact same 80 that you do, same lift same winch, same sliders. Great rig

I think so too. locked 80's are beautiful, comfortable and capable, add a few toys and they are almost unstoppable. Yes, moving down that way in the next month to southwestern (tornado alley) Mo. So when are we going out?

hey yall I'm Kyle live in St. Louis, ballwin/desperes area I go to school in Oxford MS, Hotty Toddy, anyway I am in St. Louis over Christmas break and during summer and would love to wheel with some other cruiser heads and find some cool places around St. Louis to wheel. thanks

LCsunset SARDIS.jpg

Finally made it down here and almost done moving in. Breathing during the summer is tough!!

I see this thread is cold, but I'm a new 100 series owner in Kirkwood. It's a 2002, but not as maintained as I'd like, so I'm going through it. The only other LC owner I know I'm good friends with. He has an 80 series '96.

Just wanted to introduce myself if anyone is still following this thread. I purchased an '06 LX470 in January of this year. Got some sweet upgrades coming for it and looking to get those installed within the month. Anyone interested in helping?

Hello, I am Robert, live in O Fallon, Mo. I have been building Supras for about 20 years and just picked up a LHD Spanish 1985 BJ73 Cruiser from Joe in Tx. Making the flight tomorrow to drive it back. Already have the turbo on the way for the 3B and will most likely dump too much money in it like every other vehicle.

Welcome, we are practically neighbors as I'm on the Illinois side of the river. Look into mo4wd.com to find local events.

Hi Robert, welcome. I need to get more involved with the local community here in STL. Does anyone know when the next membership signup is for mo4wd club?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom