Introduce yourself... (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My '99 LX 470. Mods to come as the money flows, I'll be starting with some 33's I'll most likely purchase over craigslist, and follow with WK sliders.

2010-07-16172814.jpg

2010-07-16172736.jpg

2010-07-16172750.jpg

2010-07-16172801.jpg

sorry for the quality of pics, took 'em with my cell phone.

as for front bumper, would you guys go with an ARB or that Slee blueberry?

:cheers:

The Blueberry is probably the stronger of the two but the ARB looks better ni my opinion. It kind of depends on if you want it for looks or for wheeling.

I'll probably go blueberry, I don't think it'd look too bad

leaves my headlights exposed though

Hello all, my name is Frazier and I live on the IL side...in Edwardsville. Just picked up a 99 TLC last weekend. Havent done anything to her yet except wash, wax, and detail the inside. He are some pictures of her. :)

P1000592.jpg

P1000594.jpg

P1000595.jpg

P1000596.jpg

Hey Fred, my name is John and I live in Tower Grove South. I have an 85' fj60 with 33's and an arb bumper. I have definitely seen you and your beautiful 73 on S. Kingshighway. I might be going to the power line trails near Bonne Terre MO on sat. or sun. after Thanksgiving. There are a few other trucks in the neighborhood that will likely go as well. let me know if you are interested.

Hey Fred, my name is John and I live in Tower Grove South. I have an 85' fj60 with 33's and an arb bumper. I have definitely seen you and your beautiful 73 on S. Kingshighway. I might be going to the power line trails near Bonne Terre MO on sat. or sun. after Thanksgiving. There are a few other trucks in the neighborhood that will likely go as well. let me know if you are interested.

You're not inviting the country bumkins? only city slickers?

Could you elaborate more to the location of this trail? I havent heard of it. Difficulty level? Thanks.

Hello everyone! I'm Angelo and I live on Fort Leonard Wood... I've been here a little over a month now and need some cruiser friends! I drive a bastard 1993, 1994, and 1995 80. Body, interior, and wheels are 93. Axles front and rear are 94. The engine and tranny are 95... Somehow the 95 engine and tranny work with the old CPU... I just bought a slee 4" lift, 4:88a and some new 315 Good Years! It should be on sometime in January!!

I'm originally from Denver, Colorado. I've enlisted in the Army and have now been in 17 months... Fort Leonard Wood is my first duty station... To be honest I wasn't to excited to here that... But so far I like it and it isn't bad at all!! Just need to find where to go wheeling around here! Anyway I'm sure I'm forgetting something.... If anyone needs help with something or anything I'll be more then happy to help out as best as I can!

Cheers,
Angelo

Hey,

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I'm pretty busy these (all) days with classes or any of my various activities, so the best way to contact me is by PM.

As to wheeling, I put my Land Cruiser away for winter when we got that first snow a couple weekends ago. As soon as salt hits the road, it gets laid up until the spring when all the salt is washed away. If I don't do this, I won't have a BJ73 anymore in a couple years, since it will do what all older cruisers do best: rust. It also gives me a chance to do repairs and maintenance. This winter it's getting some body work done to fix a rust issue that has started, and I'll also be rebuilding the front end.

I do run the 4Runner year round though, but I won't do anything too risky with it since it's the daily driver.

Anyway, feel free to PM me for anything -- even if you just want to stop in to see the BJ73 while it's out of commission for the winter.

Hi my name is Steve and I am in south st louis... Picked up a 97 tlc last week. Here is a few pix...
cruiser3.jpg

cruiser2.jpg

cruiser1.jpg

Nice crusher. Any plans for it?

-- Not at the moment. We did remove the "gold edition" badges and pinstripes, also did plugs and wires. We bought it two weeks ago thursday and have already driven it to Kansas City, the Land Between the Lakes in KY, Atlanta, and the Blue Ridge Mtns in GA. No buyer's remorse whatsoever.

Hi. Rick Here from O'Fallon, Illinois.

I was looking for an old FJ40 for several years and two years ago bought a 1970 FJ40 off of E-Bay. The body had quite a bit o rust, but the engine runs like a champ. I have been driving the Cruiser to work the last couple of years, but can't get myself to do it in the middle of winter (just a little bit too cold).

The last two years I have added a hard top, doors, new tires, and I took the Cruiser into Maaco to get painted the other day. I enjoyed having it painted, but will never go to Maaco again. Below is a before and after shot of the Cruiser.

Before new paint:

attachment.php

After new paint:

attachment.php

I am new to Cruisers and can use all the help I can get from anyone who is willing.

Take care and God bless you all.

Rick Marshall
Before_Paint_20090702.jpg
New_Paint_20110625.jpg

Hi

Just thought I would say a quick "hello". Recently relocated to KC from NC. Here is a pic of my 100 from a recent trail run in North Carolina.

006-3.jpg

Hello

Hi,
I'm Ross , I just made the transition from Jeep wrangler to 80 series, and I hafta say I am not regretting it AT ALL. I am looking for a group to go wheeling with. It looks like you guys are the closest group to me as I live in the central part of MO , do you guys get together to do much wheeling? My 80 is stock right now but I am working on that to the extent I can ( money is tight , as I'm working on my degree and tuition isnt cheap) I hope its ok with you guys that I am posting on here, as im not from the city. Any advice on places to go wheeling? I used to go in my jeep to places designed for 4 wheelers but I dont think the 80 would fit down those trails and because I only have the AWD model I am a bit nervous (havent had a chance to take her off road yet) .

Just thought I would say a quick "hello". Recently relocated to KC from NC. Here is a pic of my 100 from a recent trail run in North Carolina.

Hi,
I'm Ross , I just made the transition from Jeep wrangler to 80 series, and I hafta say I am not regretting it AT ALL. I am looking for a group to go wheeling with. It looks like you guys are the closest group to me as I live in the central part of MO , do you guys get together to do much wheeling? My 80 is stock right now but I am working on that to the extent I can ( money is tight , as I'm working on my degree and tuition isnt cheap) I hope its ok with you guys that I am posting on here, as im not from the city. Any advice on places to go wheeling? I used to go in my jeep to places designed for 4 wheelers but I dont think the 80 would fit down those trails and because I only have the AWD model I am a bit nervous (havent had a chance to take her off road yet) .

Welcome guys. There are a few of us who like to get out and wheel. We just went somewhere last weekend. In all honesty the KC side is more organized than we are and have more active members to wheel with but we're glad you're here. Usually wheeling trips get posted so stay tuned. :cheers:

Hi,

Welcome! What part of Central, MO are you? I'm over in Fort Leonard Wood. I try and go wheeling all the time, but I end up getting myself in trouble, because I normally go out alone. Not the best idea, but I do love me some wheeling!

Your 80 wont be going places where 4 wheelers go. They are a bit on the LARGE side. Well unless you want to tear up the body on your 80.

Im from the Columbia/ Jeff City area, get in touch with me via the forum if you want to go wheeling, my rig will be stock until around the first of the year , I started a new job thats gonna let me mod her a little... but I would love to go wheeling anytime.. I am mostly concerned with finding good spots to go ( bricks 4x4 farm is nice i hear but its SO FAR AWAY, know of anywhere close to either of us?

Midwest Wheeler,

There are many options:

#1 SMORR - Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch - Seymour, MO. SMORR, Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch - Home

#2 Joe State Park | Missouri State Parks

#3 Flatnasty next to Salem MO
Welcome to Flatnasty

#4 Washita next to Farmington MO
Washita Off-Road Trails

#5 Potawatomi Offroad Park 7 miles north of Kingdom City Capital City Crawlers

#6 Sayers Brook Potosi MO
SayersBrook Off Roading

Take Your Pick. Keep an eye on the Missouri Forum (KC, STL, OZARK) for upcoming trail rides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom