Introduce yourself... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lurker with a '97 LX450

Hello all,

I have owned an unlocked '97 LX450 for 2 years now and 30,000 miles. Mileage now is 148,000. It has been a good reliable vehicle. I have baselined it, installed new brakes and recently fought the infamous P0401. I have plans to make it an expedition type of vehicle with the intention of using it to vacation in the Southwest and explore our wonderful forests in Missouri.

I am now looking into replacing the exhaust system. That seems to be the only thing that is significantly rusted on the underside of the vehicle.

I have been reading this section over the years just to see what's up in the STL area. Just never had anything worthwhile to add.

Thanks and hope to meet some of you sometimes.:bounce:
-Jim

Welcome Jim, Keep an eye on the board for possible wheelin' dates or tech days. I would like to set up a stock run again but it wouldn't be untill later in the year due to other events my wife and I are attending.

Hello all. I have been lurking on "mud" for about a year and finally signed up. My name is Justin Blunt and I drive a 08' Fj cruiser. I live about an hour east of Stl in Greenville Il. My Fj is my first Toyota as well as 4x4 so I am a bit new at wheeling and would love to get some more experience just don't really have anyone to go with. So far It's lifted 3", got 33 mud tires, Arb bumper with milemarker winch, some skids and some other smaller mods. So far the only off road park I have been to is the Badlands. I went to the Toyota trail teams get together their last summer, my family and I had a blast. Look forward to meeting some of you guys in the future.
X-factor, you wouldn't happen to work in Highland Illinois? Pretty sure I have seen that flamed flatbed over at ADR bodyshop. I work at the body shop over at Steve Schmitt. If so,howdy neighbor.:cheers:

Welcome Justin, I do work at ADR in Highland. Vicky and I are heading out this evening to join up with the Hoosier Cruiser/Windy City mini UA over at SMORR in Seymour Mo. There are a couple of wheelin' spots that are a little closer that I think you would enjoy. Washita in Farmington Mo. and Interlake properties in In. just off of I64 I think exit 34. I'll check our date book and let you know about a few of the events we plan on attending this year. Maybe we can hook up for lunch in the near future.

Thanks Bill. Yeah I would love to hook up with ya for lunch sometime. Small world isnt it?:D

Hello all. I have been lurking on "mud" for about a year and finally signed up. My name is Justin Blunt and I drive a 08' Fj cruiser. I live about an hour east of Stl in Greenville Il. My Fj is my first Toyota as well as 4x4 so I am a bit new at wheeling and would love to get some more experience just don't really have anyone to go with. So far It's lifted 3", got 33 mud tires, Arb bumper with milemarker winch, some skids and some other smaller mods. So far the only off road park I have been to is the Badlands. I went to the Toyota trail teams get together their last summer, my family and I had a blast. Look forward to meeting some of you guys in the future.
X-factor, you wouldn't happen to work in Highland Illinois? Pretty sure I have seen that flamed flatbed over at ADR bodyshop. I work at the body shop over at Steve Schmitt. If so,howdy neighbor.:cheers:

Hey Justin, my name's Patrick, I have an FJC as well. Sounds like you've got some good mods to get out with. A couple of us FJC owners have been talking about maybe heading down to Flat Nasty or Wash!ta in the next week or two, that might be a good oppurtunity for you to get comfortable with what the FJC can do.
I tend to hang aroung fjcruiserforums.com more often for obvious reasons. You can join there, or if your interested, I can let you know when we pick a date. Oh and I was at that trail teams event too. Back then my black diamond, didn't have a bumper on the front, if you saw it around.

Hey Justin, my name's Patrick, I have an FJC as well. Sounds like you've got some good mods to get out with. A couple of us FJC owners have been talking about maybe heading down to Flat Nasty or Wash!ta in the next week or two, that might be a good oppurtunity for you to get comfortable with what the FJC can do.
I tend to hang aroung fjcruiserforums.com more often for obvious reasons. You can join there, or if your interested, I can let you know when we pick a date. Oh and I was at that trail teams event too. Back then my black diamond, didn't have a bumper on the front, if you saw it around.

Hey Patrick, I know who you are, I am Jbell over on the blue forum. You probably remember us briefly talking at the badlands last year about my hi-lift mount. Please let me know when you guys are going out, I would love to go. Just let me know as soon as you get it figured out, I will need to find a baby sitter for my 4 month old son since my wife works weekends. My other two rugrats can tagalong. Hope to see ya later.

Hey Patrick, I know who you are, I am Jbell over on the blue forum. You probably remember us briefly talking at the badlands last year about my hi-lift mount. Please let me know when you guys are going out, I would love to go. Just let me know as soon as you get it figured out, I will need to find a baby sitter for my 4 month old son since my wife works weekends. My other two rugrats can tagalong. Hope to see ya later.

I had a feeling it was you! I'm putting in a new power steering pump right now, but if I get it done, I'm going to take my daughter to Wash!ta on Sunday.

Paul (Toyo22r) and I are trying to nail down a date for taking an overnight at Flat Nasty. Unfortunately looks like the next two weekends are out.

Thanks Bill. Yeah I would love to hook up with ya for lunch sometime. Small world isnt it?:D

I discussed this with Vicky and she is off work Monday the 6th. If you are working that day she would be able to join us as well.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I've been working out some $ issues due to ripping a side wall at SMORR and had to find a couple of new tires.

I discussed this with Vicky and she is off work Monday the 6th. If you are working that day she would be able to join us as well.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I've been working out some $ issues due to ripping a side wall at SMORR and had to find a couple of new tires.
That would be great, name the place I will be there. I am not picky I will eat just about anywhere.:D

If Buzzies is alright we will see you there Monday.

I'm in Edwardsville, IL

My name is Chris Bailey
I have actually been here for a couple of years now.
Work has been so busy I have not been on MUD for a while.
I moved here from DFW area in Texas. LSLC member.
I am very close to SIUE in Edwardsville, IL

Toys enclude:

1960ish M416 trailer SOA soon to be on 35's
1976 FJ40 with a SBC 350, SM420, SOA, 37's.
1978 FJ40 currently being restored. A good father son project.
2005 CBR1000RR Repsol.
2006 F250 Superduty on 35's
2007 FJ Cruiser, it's my wifes.
76TOY.jpg
78FJ40.jpg
Repsol.jpg

Last edited:
These are my Trucks

I Live in Alaska and have been a toyota nut for about 4 years. My first toyota was a 1993 extended cab that I wheeled for a year, and then decided it just really needed an Axel under it. So here it is.

Hello all! well I sold the FJC some time ago, and I'm happy to say I bought a 95 LC yesterday!!!!

I've got a few minor repairs.... Altenator, mirror motor, and the seat is stuck in the most uncomfortable position ever.....

and then tax refund equals OME and tires
I really look forward to getting it out on a trail or two with other LC's.

Sounds fun. If you need any help let us know. I'd love to see that Rubicon listed in your sig. How about a pic?

Sounds fun. If you need any help let us know. I'd love to see that Rubicon listed in your sig. How about a pic?

Up from the grave he arose.

Hey.

My Name is Fred, and I've been around Mud quite a while. Just moved to STL from Wisconsin. My wife and I live near The Botanical Gardens, in the Southwest Garden Neighborhood. She's a student at Wash U School of Medicine, and I'm going back to school for a mid-life career change. Going to go to Law School. I've always wanted to do that, but life got in the way. Now things are different.

So far we really like St. Louis. A lot more cruisers here than in Wisconsin, and it seems there more places to wheel, too.

We have a 1988 BJ-73, totally stock (for now), and a 2003 4Runner V8 which is stock except for some better tires. The 4Runner will likely stay stock, since that's the :princess: 's ride. My biggest problem right now is a lack of suitable garage space for the kinds of work I'd like to do.

Anyway, just thought I'd stop in and say "hi." The BJ-73 usually draws attention where ever it goes (and it is my daily driver, so I entertain a lot of questions about it daily), so I figured it's only a matter of time before I run into one of you folks out there somewhere.

cruiser_garage.jpg

Hey.

The BJ-73 usually draws attention where ever it goes (and it is my daily driver, so I entertain a lot of questions about it daily), so I figured it's only a matter of time before I run into one of you folks out there somewhere.

I can believe that. Its kind of rare in the states.

Welcome. The are several good parks to wheel at within a few hours drive. St. Louis does not have an "official" TLCA chapter so we don't host any organized events. the Kansas City side Tornado Alley Cruiser is hosting an even in September at SMORR. You can read up about it on the TAC forum.

How's it goin guys, I just recieved a '99 LX-470 with 145,000 miles on it cheap from my parents. I've got some big plans for it which include in the very distant financial future, the removal of the AHC and installation of an OME lift. Right now I'm driving my '04 F-150 with a 3.5" lift and 33's on it (which is for sale by the way), but as soon as my parents are COMPLETELY done using the LX, I will be removing the stock running boards and ordering some armor from SLEE. My mom's replacing the LX with a Mercedes GL which she's pretty happy about.

I'll post up some pics soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom