Intro-new member (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is the correct style windshield for a 73. 1/75 wipers moved to the bottom of windshield.

Look a little closer. I think it's a modified later model frame. You can see where the motor would mount on the lower portion and the hinges are recessed.

It might even be a Bandy windshield frame.

i was referring to the fender mounted turn park lamps missing ?

i AM NOT a member of ANY bezzle police ........ 😆

i do not like the MAN , i was messed with on PHISH TOUR all the time in my 20's and early 30's years ago !

screw that jazz .............:cool::beer::beer:
This thing is a Hard life mashup-no doubt-(Bought accordingly)
the diamond plate question made me laugh...
Of course It’s hiding a absolutely Pristine body..

It had no seatbelts-I used the lap portion of two 8 point racing Harnesses that expired this season just to ride around the block.
No corner lights,mirrors or the Issue of “tires outside the bodywork”are Trigger’s for the man here.
For various auto and racing go kart related Infractions over the years..the man In my small village knows us well.
Plan-safety first-fun second-correct cruisers soon after.

Look a little closer. I think it's a modified later model frame. You can see where the motor would mount on the lower portion and the hinges are recessed.

It might even be a Bandy windshield frame.

Wow rour right, good catch. Thought you meant someone switched original bottom wipers to the top. Doesn't look like an import just 1/75 or newer windshield frame. Maybe the original rusted along the bottom and bought a stripped windshield. Then located the wipers to the top using the original setup. Personally would not switch to the top if they were already on the bottom. My 68 has never suffered from rust but I still managed to switch out a bunch of parts from other cruisers just because I wanted too. Top and doors I'll use the excuse I put it on it side.

Last edited:
This thing is a Hard life mashup-no doubt-(Bought accordingly)
the diamond plate question made me laugh...
Of course It’s hiding a absolutely Pristine body..

It had no seatbelts-I used the lap portion of two 8 point racing Harnesses that expired this season just to ride around the block.
No corner lights,mirrors or the Issue of “tires outside the bodywork”are Trigger’s for the man here.
For various auto and racing go kart related Infractions over the years..the man In my small village knows us well.
Plan-safety first-fun second-correct cruisers soon after.

KOITO Lighting IS For Your SAFETY ............ :cool:

7903 - Copy.jpg

You probably have the knuckle arm from a mini truck , normaly on a fj40 there is a rod from the pitman arm or center arm to the right wheel , i only see the tie rod on your picture
Thanks for the reply-from what I gather-it does have a mini truck power steering setup.

This is the steering arm from a mini , habitually PS conversion on fj40 only use the steering box from the mini and use the fj40 stock steering arm and relay rod

View attachment 2694548
Interesting-good to know. What disadvantage am I up against with my Current setup? It’s steering Ratio feels fast and “twitchy” seems Incongruent for an older truck-Currently Tracks poorly-I just assumed it needs-knuckle rebuild, tie rods and a better alignment.
The severe suspension,tire width and wheel offset surly are not helping matters.

My background is more vintage sports cars-
AKA-no baseline to gauge against .

Thanks for your input

Old 35x13.5 bfg krawler on my fj40 , drive straight with one finger
Here you go Jim-
If I could track half as good as “one finger“ that would be great-understand I have no hate on what was done or not done correctly-is what it is and bought accordingly.
Notice a few things-I have not dig deep yet -but Left tire looks toe’d out to me-the steering rod has a bend and a welded reinforcement.
Right side has a negative camber from what I can read(Assume knuckle wear)
Let me know if I got what you need.

72B22C3A-DB8D-4860-A0EF-DC6C4B01C05C.jpeg

E1DEEB0E-38B1-4D66-8EC1-B703CF5B3E15.jpeg

762DDA87-A2DF-4418-802C-29CCD1742466.jpeg

58FD7350-D65C-4887-9C0E-D36C3AB5E430.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom