Interior Illumination Sophistication & Fascination of KUSTOM KOITo LED BULB Equipped Back-Lit Knob Pull Switches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

a unique request ,

auxiliary tank fuel transfer pump on / off switch w/ Hazard Red themed LED back Lit Knob " ON " in the engaged Pull position

i hand-made a custom Service Spec. pigtail harness side , to tie in to the main Land cruiser Harness & feed switched ON B+ to the fluid / fuel

transfer Pump , its not often i get a chance to work with RED LED Lumens , but it sure has pleasing results............... :)

DSCN9173.JPG
DSCN9177.JPG
DSCN9179.JPG
DSCN9185.JPG
DSCN9187.JPG

New Updated 6 Lumen Green LED Bulb in action ..........

DSCN9296.JPG
DSCN9301.JPG
DSCN9304.JPG
DSCN9309.JPG
DSCN9310.JPG

Late model " Hazard " spreading its wings " after a full restore ........

DSCN2804.JPG
DSCN2947.JPG
DSCN2948.jpg
DSCN2951.JPG
DSCN2954.jpg

Did you try a red LED in the HAZARD switch? Curious.

Also,
Your 0-1-2-3 fan switch. Is it a pull or rotate switch?

Did you try a red LED in the HAZARD switch? Curious.

Also,
Your 0-1-2-3 fan switch. Is it a pull or rotate switch?

- I have Not tried Red in the Hazard switch yet , it crossed my mind a while back , but i did not have any RED bulbs

until recently when i put together the Fuel Transfer Warning Light pull switch from a few post's back

But , I absolutely can and will now that i have a supply of the special high out-put RED LED Bulbs

- its a Pull Switch as well , the 0-1-2-3 fan switch , im working on getting rid of the numbers as we speak , so its

just the Plain Propeller prop blade like the Factory Toyota Analog knob 8/80-10/85 40 series u see

- the numbers 0-1-2-3 were added to the casting mold by mistake , by the folks im working with on that

side " Skunk-Works" project

Thanks for the input and constructive feedback ............

Last edited:
I’ve got front and rear lighting that currently have moder switches. Thankfully the PO didn’t drill to add the switches. Just a surface mount stick on units. I want to use a OEM fog knob on a 4 positions switch to signal the the light relays.
OFF-Front-Rear-Both.
Do you have a non-illuminated 4 position switch that would accept an OEM fog knob ?

I’ve got front and rear lighting that currently have moder switches. Thankfully the PO didn’t drill to add the switches. Just a surface mount stick on units. I want to use a OEM fog knob on a 4 positions switch to signal the the light relays.
OFF-Front-Rear-Both.
Do you have a non-illuminated 4 position switch that would accept an OEM fog knob ?

The short answer is Yes ......

My 1st Fully LED Pull Switch Dash i put together , 12/82 FJ43L-KC

it was a working prototype-in-progress but went together

Very Smoothly and the end goal product exceeded my expectations many times over

The only problem i ran into was i under-estimated how many OEM TOYOTA .250 /6.3mm series YAZAKI brand

Connectors i would need and the related Solid Brass Terminals as well ...............

at the end of the day bigger things could have gone wrong and they Did Not :)

More Prototype work ,

i installed GREEN LED bulbs and gave them a Try , personally did not Like the similarities with the switches , also

BLUE LED reacts with the Color ORANGE on the Cluster meter Gauge needles in a unique way , and makes it turn into " Glow Stick Juice " :idea:

I figured out a way to stuff the next size up bigger festoon type bulb in the heater control lever knob under dash light , this was a very satisfying result , and Glows Up the entire drivers side foot well area nicely ;)

IMG_0190.JPG
IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0357.JPG
IMG_8722.JPG
IMG_9675.JPG

But , sometimes Mistakes Do Indeed Happen and have unintended results .......................

Like sneezing at the exact moment u depress the shutter button on your NIKON Digital SLR ;)

DSCN8300.JPG

Cigarette Lighter Trim Ring Modification :

Note: the Green LED " Glow-Stick " type appearance of the Socket itself at night .........:)

DSCN9075.JPG
DSCN9077.JPG
DSCN9078.JPG
DSCN9081.JPG
DSCN9082.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom