Intake sensor and ground missing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj80oregon

GOLD Star
Threads
Putting things back together and missing a few items of the intake. Having trouble finding part numbers!! Any help would Be appreciated.
#1. I think it is a EGR sensor maybe? Has a grey pigtail female plug that I am missing.
#2. Ground strap plug with pigtail.
#3 throttle body bolts that mount to intake two long and two short.
If anybody has these for free thanks😁😁😁. If not I just need some help with parts numbers and will order thanks. Wes 97 1fz-fe

63802288-82D2-43D0-9491-BBAD58F415B5.jpeg

7B4A5815-A483-45FF-9561-660B7C90BF02.jpeg

I think the ground wire you want is Engine Hanger Wire, 82046-60080, which is NLA. In order to make one, you'll need a 10ga stranded wire, with PVC insulation (the tree hugger type soy-based insulation draws mice, rats and other chewing pests), rated to at least 275°F/135°C, 4-6 inches long, with a Ø5/16-in (or 8.5-mm) ring terminal crimped on one end. You'll want at least black (the OEM wire is black with a white tracer), so it'll match the wiring schematic.

The other end needs a single pin, non-waterproof, connector housing; unfortunately the part number isn't in the Wiring Harness Repair Manual. Since this ground wire is NLA, I'd replace the OEM connector housing on the fender side of the ground wire harness with any single pin connector housing I could find; you'll get the pair in the package.

There's no need to try to make this OEM, since the two ends only mate with each other.

Alternately, you can make a ground without the connector. Just crimp two ring terminals on the ends of a 15-in long wire. The fender end should be large enough for a 6-mm bolt to slip through.
1651323028416.png

The upper intake plenum sensor is the EGR gas temperature sensor, 89412-60020, also very hard to find. Aftermarket parts may be available, or you can substitute with a resistor.
1651323127492.png

The throttle body bolts are (upper) 90105-08305 (M8x1.25, 33-mm long) and (lower) 90105-08134 (M8x1.25, 47-mm long). Both are flange head head bolts, minimum grade 5 (SAE) or 10.8 (metric), if you're sourcing them from other than Toyota. The bolt length can be 1-2 mm shorter, but no longer, as they will bottom out in the blind holes in the intake.
1651322944732.png

Putting things back together and missing a few items of the intake. Having trouble finding part numbers!! Any help would Be appreciated.
#1. I think it is a EGR sensor maybe? Has a grey pigtail female plug that I am missing.
#2. Ground strap plug with pigtail.
#3 throttle body bolts that mount to intake two long and two short.
If anybody has these for free thanks😁😁😁. If not I just need some help with parts numbers and will order thanks. Wes 97 1fz-fe

View attachment 2995731

View attachment 2995732
Sorry, I forgot to tag you so you'd see my reply.

You the man thanks sir!!! Your Toyota search fu is strong!!!!

You the man thanks sir!!! Your Toyota search fu is strong!!!!
My pleasure. Oddly enough, I'm in the process of putting the head back on my son's 80 and I had these parts out, cleaned and ready to go back in; all except the ground wire on the intake. His has been gone for years. I've been meaning to fix it but...

I got 30mm and 45mm zinc coated flanged bolts from my local ace hardware for a couple bucks that fit like a glove thanks again!

the egr plug if i remember correctly is a fairly common toyota plug, it should be the same as the injectors on most toyotas and is usually the same plug for the purge valve on most toyotas. they may be different case color depending on where you source it from but should be the same pin count and shape.

the ground you can just use appropriate sized spade terminals if you want to have a connector or you can just run a straight wire with ring terminals on either end

What the resistor you speak of? Is that what people are using when they delete the egr? I’m really contemplating deleting egr??!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom