Insurance question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
How many of you have full coverage policy vs liability only on your cruiser that’s not a Daily driver? Have full right now but thinking of taking it to liability only since I’m not driving it often.

If you don't use it often, get Metromile and keep your full coverage. It is insurance by the mile. I use it. I had 4 vehicles for a while, and it still never exceeded $100 per month.

It is not a good idea not to have accident coverage on your vehicle, even if you are a good driver and take no chances. Somebody is going to hit you and have "10 people in the car" who all "saw you pull out in front of them..." You will come out on the loosing end.

I have full coverage on my 100, which does not function as a DD. Hit an elk and was glad I had full coverage. If it was a $hitbox, I’d just have liability tho.

I go by this rule, if it was in an accident and it is a total loss, can I absorb the loss without issue.
if the rig is worth $10,000 and a tree falls on it, can you deal with it?
other question is how much is the difference in coverage?

I go by this rule, if it was in an accident and it is a total loss, can I absorb the loss without issue.
if the rig is worth $10,000 and a tree falls on it, can you deal with it?
other question is how much is the difference in coverage?

This is why I carry full coverage on everything. The difference in price is usually pretty small for my older vehicles.

It also pays to shop around. Full coverage varies wildly in price for the same coverage from different companies. I used to have American Family. Full coverage was something like 3x the cost with Am Fam as it was with Geico. Same coverage limits, same options, deductibles, etc... I think Geico actually had a better glass policy.

Thanks for all the response. Gonna keep it full coverage @LongHaulCruiser had me thinking about all the s***bags out there looking to collect insurance money and escape fault and the lame ass investigators/insurance companies that let it happen.

Full coverage on all of our vehicles, even the ones that never/rarely leave the ranch.

I've been driving a bit over 50 years and in all that time have NEVER caused an accident or been at fault in any way. BUT I've been hit several times while driving, more times while vehicle was parked someplace. Other instances (deer running into vehicle, etc) have been covered by my Comprehensive ($50.00 deductible on my part).

Insurance on older vehicles (along with a good driving record) is not expensive.

If I'm not driving them for months (winter), I go comp only.

With regards to liability only, depends on what the value of the vehicle is. My winter daily is a 2000 rav4, it gets liability only.

I have liability only on mine. I drive it 1-2k miles per year. Costs $180 per 6 months

Full coverage and I pay about $569 annually.

Last edited:
I have full coverage on all five of my cars/trucks... Someone's gotta put the insurance agent's kids through college.

Full coverage on all of our vehicles, even the ones that never/rarely leave the ranch.

I've been driving a bit over 50 years and in all that time have NEVER caused an accident or been at fault in any way. BUT I've been hit several times while driving, more times while vehicle was parked someplace. Other instances (deer running into vehicle, etc) have been covered by my Comprehensive ($50.00 deductible on my part).

Insurance on older vehicles (along with a good driving record) is not expensive.
Another Methuselah DNA alert!

I have full coverage on my 100, which does not function as a DD. Hit an elk and was glad I had full coverage. If it was a $hitbox, I’d just have liability tho.
Depends on the valuation of the s*** box. As these go up in price...makes more and more sense to carry full.

I have full coverage on my 1999 with 280k miles. My insurance company (Traveler's) actually allowed me to put supplemental coverage for vehicle add-ons of $5000 on the truck for very little cost. That will help offset the cost of bumpers and other gear should anything really bad ever happen.

The piece of mind is worth the additional cost to me.

How much is it normal to pay for insurance? I don't want to overpay anything...

way too many variables, age, tickets, accidents, deductibles, own a house, good credit and on and on

Full coverage. + UIM/UM + optional/added equipment coverage( to cover my upgrades: armored bumpers, winch, skids, sliders, drawers and contents, fridge, electronics etc)

Does anyone get offroad insurance or had any issues with insurance denying claims if the vehicle is used offroad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom