Installing Cylinder Head with Intake Assembly Attached per FSM? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Believe me i took all kinds of measurements before using them they have plenty of thread engagement into the block
Awesome, thanks man, once they're torqued I think I'll end up looking the same. Just needed a gut check before I put the new head gasket on. My engines sitting on a stand so planning on installing the intake separately. Nice work btw.

BB00FD90-CAB9-4A35-B996-617209C11040.jpeg
Awesome, thanks man, once they're torqued I think I'll end up looking the same. Just needed a gut check before I put the new head gasket on. My engines sitting on a stand so planning on installing the intake separately. Nice work btw.
Here’s a crappy pic I found on my phone, but it shows the stud seated all the way into the block after running the thread chaser.

So I bought the ARP studs mentioned, hand tightened into the block and test fit with a head gasket in place. Most of the nuts are even with the top of the stud, maybe half a thread on the nut showing at hand tight. One stud went in by hand a little further that the others, this one has about two threads of the nut showing.
Is this acceptable?
Assuming you want the nut fully engaged on the stud, in which case do I just run the stud out a bit until the nuts fully engaged?
2 extra threads should be fine, in terms of avoiding interference with the camshaft. I would re-chase those threads just to ensure it is clean from any debris, so you get a nice clean torque pass. Also, I used the ARP washers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom