Installed Addicted Off-Road's new 100 Series front bumper.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay, i thought i had fixed my ac problem so i went and bought tires, then the compressor went out. Ill let you know if anything changes.

I’m interested in the Addicted Offroad bumpers and it’s what I plan on going with. If you end up with it and I can recover some money from my nav delete, I would be interested in taking it off your hands. I don’t have a timeline for when that would happen though. Keep the thread updated on what you decide to do. Good luck.

Will hopefully have a picture of the completed bumper with shorter stinger to post in the next day or two. Thanks @KershZ71 for picking this bumper up after I changed my mind!

Thanks! Sorry the timing was bad for you.

488C38BA-CE01-4BF4-8F15-A208D11AC21D.png

Dammit. Now I want to swap out my Dobinsons front bumper for one of these!

Sorry, suppose I should have been more specific...I was meaning diameter. What is the diameter of the tube?
looks like 1.75" to me... but my calibrated eye ball doesn't work too well over the interwebz ;)

Now that the bumper has left Addicted and is en route with FedEx to @KershZ71, I wanted to post up my buying experience.

I live in Denver and had been considering a front bumper for my 100 for over a year, going back and forth between a custom aluminum fabricated locally, Slee's and Ben's at Dissent. Slee's was too heavy for me, custom bumper locally was too much of an unknown for me and Ben is/was swamped. I didn't want to wait any longer so I pulled the trigger on the Addicted bumper, knowing it was relatively light weight, looked good and I could pick it up locally in Ft. Collins.

I ordered the bumper via telephone conversation with Scott (owner of Addicted) on July 31st. He was great to talk to on the phone, answered all my questions and made the modification to the hoop (shortened it from 10" to 7"). I was told it would take 6-8 weeks. I paid via credit card over the phone and it was charged immediately. I waited for my first follow up call until 7 weeks later, IIRC. Looked up the phone number on the website and for the first time learned Addicted had relocated to Wyoming. It seems this happened some time in mid to late August so I assume Scott would have known about this impending move when I ordered but there was nary a mention of it. Looking back, Addicted's FB page was posting #rivertonwyoming as soon as August 2nd so I'm nearly certain he knew he was moving when we spoke. I never heard back from my first voicemail left and called again at ~8 and 9 weeks after my order, leaving a voicemail both times and again never hearing back.

I then went to their facebook page and found a different phone number which turned out to be Scott's personal cell. I left a voicemail on it and got an email response immediately that said "Jason, we still a couple weeks out. We just moved the shop 3 weeks ago and we are behind a little. Bare with us, and I'll get it ready ASAP." That was 10 weeks from order. And never mind that it was actually more like 6 weeks prior that they began the move and he had someone in both Wyoming and Ft. Collins building things (learned this from FB posts). I expressed my concern about the shop moving and now needing to pay for shipping and his response was "I still come down a couple times each month. So, we can arrange pickup if needed. But it needs to be around my schedule down there."

Two and half weeks later, nearly 13 weeks from order, I checked in again and he said "it will be done next week". It was at this point that Ben at Dissent finalized and made available his aluminum front so I started working on trying to get out of the Addicted bumper, either through paying the restocking fee or selling privately. Luckily I was able to sell privately at only a 10% loss (versus 20% restock fee). Thanks @KershZ71

Bumper was completed yesterday and shipped today...13 weeks and 2 days from order. I think the bumper looks great and hope that the new owner is very happy with it. I'm glad he got a 10% discount and doesn't have to wait for it. Small price for me to pay that is allowing me to get what I want.

So my issues with Addicted, although small in the grand scheme, are poor follow up and delayed completion, along with not letting me know they were moving. Also, there was never a simple apology like "sorry it's taking so long" or "sorry about the shipping because of the move, let's split the difference". If you're moving your shop you might want to let the customer know and probably give yourself a bit more of a cushion..."normally it's 6-8 weeks but we're moving so it might be a little longer but we'll do our best to get it done in that time frame."

I don't fault Scott too much for the delay as I'm sure the 300 mile move out of state was not an easy undertaking. I just wish he would have taken some responsibility for not telling me and said sorry for the delay. I feel a little nit picky here but wanted to let others know my experience. Perhaps his shop is back on track now and all will be good for future customers. I've heard secondhand about some other customer service issues with Scott but don't want to spread any information beyond what I personally know to be true. I do think his bumpers look good and almost had front and rear armor from him on my previous 4Runner. Can't speak to build quality or fit and finish as I've never seen one firsthand.

At the end of the day, the build delay allowed me the opportunity to get the Dissent bumper so it all worked out. Looking forward to seeing more pics from @KershZ71 once it's coated and mounted up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom