Inspection-Mechanic in Sonora CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm new to the forum, but looking to pull the trigger on an FJ40 if things look good.

Wanted to have someone gut check me as well as possibly do a compression test given I'm looking at a resto mod with a V-8. I trust everything was done right, but just being cautious as one should.

Does anyone know of a good mechanic/shop in Sonora that could help me out? Or some perhaps that is nearby that is willing to travel?

Thanks!

Valley Hybrids... In Stockton?

If you go anyplace else it will be a mistake... He is the best in your area

@orangefj45

Thanks JohnnyC! I'll look into it. Stockton is about an hour away from the owner however and not sure the owners threshold on driving that far given he had a bad back, hence the sale.

Can highly recomend Mike @ Sonora import, he was a coworker for 15 years before moving to sonora and starting his own shop. Great mechanic, not an fj40 guru but can definately check it out for you. You would need to bring it to his shop in sonora.

Brian

Thanks Brian! I ended up speaking in depth with George from Valley Hybrids and he was an amazing resource. I saw the truck in person and was able to spot things that concerned me w/o needed an expert. Thanks for all the help here guys!

Thanks JohnnyC! I'll look into it. Stockton is about an hour away from the owner however and not sure the owners threshold on driving that far given he had a bad back, hence the sale.

@JohnnyC Really appreciate the advice. George has been such a pleasure and super helpful in this process. You rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom