ineed help ..... greasable shackles (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
how do i grease the shackles ..... Due to lack of space due to the proximity of the fuel tank and has tried more than a grese gun and failed to
d.jpg

how do i grease the shackles ..... Due to lack of space due to the proximity of the fuel tank and has tried more than a grese gun and failed to

Do you have space to replace this standard grease zerk with a zerk that has a 90 degree offset built in? The 90 degree zerk will be a little taller once install which is why I asked about space.

they were installed incorrectly

To install them the other way you would have to drop the fuel tank (this is how my car was done when I got it, PITA, I just cut them off)

No, you remove the spring bushings and install the pin with the bushing loose over it, then push it all into place - it works, and there's lots of space if you do it that way.

~john

install an angled grease fitting 90 or 45 degrees, easy and cost a couple bucks for a pack of them.

No, you remove the spring bushings and install the pin with the bushing loose over it, then push it all into place - it works, and there's lots of space if you do it that way.

~john

Your not just a pretty face, an ideas man too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom