ineed help ..... greasable shackles (1 Viewer)

how do i grease the shackles ..... Due to lack of space due to the proximity of the fuel tank and has tried more than a grese gun and failed to
d.jpg

how do i grease the shackles ..... Due to lack of space due to the proximity of the fuel tank and has tried more than a grese gun and failed to
Do you have space to replace this standard grease zerk with a zerk that has a 90 degree offset built in? The 90 degree zerk will be a little taller once install which is why I asked about space.

Replace the shackles with ones that have the grease fitting in the opposite end.

To install them the other way you would have to drop the fuel tank (this is how my car was done when I got it, PITA, I just cut them off)

To install them the other way you would have to drop the fuel tank (this is how my car was done when I got it, PITA, I just cut them off)
No, you remove the spring bushings and install the pin with the bushing loose over it, then push it all into place - it works, and there's lots of space if you do it that way.

~john

No, you remove the spring bushings and install the pin with the bushing loose over it, then push it all into place - it works, and there's lots of space if you do it that way.

~john
Your not just a pretty face, an ideas man too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom