Impulse FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
53402, Racine, WI and 92111 San Diego, CA
So I picked up a blue 70 plow truck earlier this year. It had a wooden roof and mismatched tires and rims so Ive been in the market.

Found a pretty sweet 71 on craigslist so I made a 3hr trip this morning and came back with this.

Index of /pictures/71lc

I can't believe how solid it is. The guy reworked things here and there and it has a 355 (i think) with the stock trans. Clutch is toast, carb needs work. Not sure if I leave that motor in or dump the 1F from my other cruiser in it.

Other than that, its basically road ready! Im pretty pumped, still in shock probably.

Certainly an interesting paint job and front bumper - but all that can easily be remedied ;)

Nice find.

Remove those UGLY BUMPERS , And it will look a 1000x's better. What did you pick it up for ? It looks like a solid rig. Good Luck.

impulse buys are the best. 2x on those goofy chrome car bumpers, remove those and the value will double. It is a very nice truck for the money, if it came up near me I would have to buy that one.

great find,looks way better than my 2 first 40, bumpers are easy to change, the thing that worry me its the paint on the plastic dash pads..

flippy 'da bezel, man :doh:

Awesome find! Don't forget the heep lights too.

Great score, that thing is sweet. I like the paint, and looks like you have new rubber on the windows too.
I agree on dropping the chrome . good job getting out there and getting it.
falgreen

500 bucks OMG that cant be beat....you got a deal.
the chrome bumper...KEEP IT...its bling bling hahaha...no really do what you want with it personally I would take it off.

I dig the camo, I'd have a lot of fun if I found a cheap land cruiser like that... A LOT OF FUN

One man's junk is another man's treasure. With that said great buy!!!

You should do the fella you bought from a courtesy and white out his lisc plates.

It all depends on what you want. IF you want a restored rig then drop the 1F in it. The #'s wont match but not a big deal really. If you want something closer to a DD drop a sbc in it for more hp. welcome to the madness and if no one has told you yet, hang on, it only gets worse from here...
GL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom