Improving Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this is not tech but they just look so cool. I was going to get steel rims but like how light these are and it was cheaper than buying the steel wagon wheels! I will get a better pic posted soon.

Powder coated?

They look awesome!! I may do that to mine someday.

Jody.

Hey, that doesn’t look too bad. What did you do to prep the surface and what type of paint did you use? Please post a pic when it’s mounted on the truck.

Is that a pic of an iron pig in the middle? :D

I was trying to get the pig in the pic but the wheel seems to suck up all the light :D

are these powder coated?

Not good unless these are properly acid etched and powder coated.

Three were dechromed then acid etched and powdercoated semi gloss. I think 60% gloss and UV protection added and wife approved. ;) I purposely am not running center caps :D

Slick, I bet they'll look good mounted.

Nice!! Where did you get it done, and how much$$ ? I hope it was close to Sacramento. I've got a set just sitting in the garage just waiting for 35's!

I still prefer my trail rim paint job. Done in about 10 deg F, with no prep, not even wiping off the dust, with drips and bugs smeared in. Oh, and can was only 1/2 full as a leftover on clearance. :flipoff2: :D :D

lagwagon, now you have filthy black stock wheels. :D Looks good though.

lagwagon,
Did you consider getting them anodized black?

What was the total cost for the powder coating?

-B-

I still prefer my trail rim paint job. Done in about 10 deg F, with no prep, not even wiping off the dust, with drips and bugs smeared in.

Bugs??? at 10 deg F?? Dang Junk, that's some hardcore bugs :D

Never occured to me to anodize. On my 55 and 60 the rattle can seemed ok but the 80 is such a beautiful beast I wanted to do it right. Plus I was testing the powdercoating guy because I have a tubing bender and want to coat a rack and other tube creations. :D

[quote author=Bob_Garrett link=board=2;threadid=9368;start=msg81980#msg81980 date=1072792365]
Bugs??? at 10 deg F?? Dang Junk, that's some hardcore bugs :D[/quote]

They weren't there by choice - crabs from yo momma. :flipoff2:

Actually, I painted them outside, and the bugs were in the garage (before we moved :flipoff2:) . :flipoff2:

Andrew, you can get them done for $48. each through me in Davis not to far from you. It is more if they have to be dechromed.
Everybody watch out for Junk with the crabs and the trailside rim jobs :eek:

White letters?

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom