Improving Wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=9368;start=msg82772#msg82772 date=1072909214]

White letters?

:beer:
[/quote]

blue walls???

:slap:

Blue ba...., Oh, never mind :slap:

lagwagon,

Nice. Could they be done in moonglow pearl? :D

-B-

Holy s*** B ..... thats what I was thinking . *eyes darting left , then right ...* . I'd never admit to that though ; in an open forum ... :finger:

Lag,
All kidding aside, they do look nice, but be forewarned that this posting from me may self destruct within the next 5 seconds. :D

Tyler,
I was asking the question for you.... the thought of color coordinated wheels would never enter my mind. Besides, I checked yesterday and my powdercoater has this nifty color called Black Chrome. It's a perfect match for the Black Pearl emblems.

Ya want me to check to see if they can do wheels in a shiney gold to match your new gold emblems?

:D

-B-

B ... Somethin tells me Dan is going to kick your a$$ for that ! I just hope he records an .mpg of it for me .... hehe :BIRD:

Hey, I kept the secret for a few hours... until you posted that you were getting gold emblems in another thread!

:D

-B-

I did ?? *tossing on 4 oz gloves*

They look good IMHO. I've been thinking of doing something similar, with either powder coating or anodizing.

Nice. :beer:

>> ... Now you'll have to excuse me , my gold emblems need buffing ... hehe <<

From the hypochrondiac thread. You opened the door... ever so slightly. :D
-B-

Brad,
I checked in to the anodizing and the local shop does both anodizing and powder coating. They were not confident the anodizing would come out very good. It had something to do with the cast aluminum. According to the guy I spoke with, the anodizing wouldn't be any cheaper, had limited colour choices, and wouldn't be any better for resisting scratches. They were very confident on positive results when powder coating the wheels.

-B-

I guess I should throw in that I am selling my '94 rims and if you want them powdercoated moonglow pearl, hot pink, or whatever you want to express about yourself I can line it up :D

id be intrtested in black like yours what do you think the cost would be for the wheels in back shipped to az?

mike

I would sell my 5-'94 rims powdercoated black for $600 with lugnuts and centercaps. I have never inquired about painting or coating the center caps so I don't know what that would cost. I will find out what shipping would be. I would be willing to exchange rims for cores as long as they are not damaged.

So, would these be for street or trail?
The reason I ask is that my OEM rims are pretty thrashed from the trails. My concern would be that the powdercoating would scrape off after a few runs.

Don't get me wrong, I love the look and wouldn't mind getting a set myself. But the way my rims look now I don't think the beauty would last.

I guess I could just hit the spots with some rattle can gloss black when needed...

I'd love to get a first hand look at them -- specially since I'm just down up the road from you.

:cheers:

Will you be going on the snow run with the norcal listers Jan 17th? I am planning on going and should have the lift and tires on. Powdercoating is much better than the original finish of the rims. It is more resistant to scratching and chemicals that destroy the original clearcoating of the wheels. I will go out and beat up the rims and report good or bad that I find. Maybe take a pic after a Rubicon run!

I'm planning on being on the snow run -- cool, we can meet then.

most of the rash I got on the rims were from the Rubicon and from a really bad day on the Strawberry Creek Trail (which is sposed to be a real easy trail --- not on that day)

:cheers:

[quote author=Beowulf link=board=2;threadid=9368;start=msg83282#msg83282 date=1073012479]
Brad,
I checked in to the anodizing and the local shop does both anodizing and powder coating. They were not confident the anodizing would come out very good. It had something to do with the cast aluminum. According to the guy I spoke with, the anodizing wouldn't be any cheaper, had limited colour choices, and wouldn't be any better for resisting scratches. They were very confident on positive results when powder coating the wheels.

-B-
[/quote]

Hey -B-...

I was wondering about that. I know that all aluminum wheels polish different too. Some of the very expensive aftermarket wheels are a lot less "grainy". Guess it'd be about the same thing with anodizing. Anyway, I've had excellent luck with powder coating anyway. When I was working with Sprint Cars, we always had our frames powdercoated, and my GoKart frames were always powdercoated as well. The Sprint's took a massive beating with flying rocks and dirt, and always held up thru a season with very minimal chipping. The stuff is definitely tough. I've got 3 scuffed/damaged flares and I've been thinking of buying the black ABS aftermarket replacements in the Performance catalog, then doing a set of wheels to match, and Line-Xing the rockers. Sounds like powder coating will be the way to go. Thanks :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom