I'm installing an ARB bumper and a winch. Can I put the winch on after I install the bumper, or both at the same time? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK, I'm putting on an ARB bumper, but I don't have the winch yet. Can I install the bumper now and add the winch later without having to take it all off again to install the winch, or do I have to put the winch on the bumper and then put it on? Thanks.

install winch in bumper, then install bumper.
there are only about 10 12 bolts. shouldn't take 10 minutes to remove arb after installed

You can install the bumper first then install the winch second. There is plenty of room between the bumper and grill. This is how I did it with my Warn M12000 and that’s the biggest winch that fits. Just lift it up and into the bumper. I did it alone, but I recommend having someone ready to start the bolts once into position.

19149E48-B4A7-42A8-884F-C3EA64FC44FD.jpeg

My ARB frame mounts were not the correct width. Had to use a 4x4 piece of lumber as a spacer with the stock bottle jack to force them apart and get it mounted. Previous owner of the bumper suggested this and I found a few other people on the forums reporting similar issues. I would hate to deal with that problem with a winch mounted in the bumper too.

Use the ratchet straps. No need to remove bumper. I bench pressed it into place a couple times to see if my wife could just start the bolts. Bad idea. Dont drop winches on your chest/face. Use ratchet straps.

Lag bolt a 2x6 or something into the rafters above your bumper. Secure a snatch block, use the bumper to cathead the f##ker into place.

I used ratchet straps like others. Went pretty well. I placed the winch on a 5gal bucket under the bumper and raised it from there into place with the straps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom