Ih8mud diesel drag challenge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i want to try this out. anyone using a good apple app that’s free here? nice to use the same apps as others for best comparison i’d imagine the perfexpert costs like $13 which is a lot for an app ill use a couple times (maybe i’m just cheap but i’ve given apple more money than they deserve already!!).

I went through the same struggle, ended up using the "That Racing Channel" app, which is free. I have no idea how accurate it would be compared to others (the issue with comparing all these results), and you do need to determine 0-60mph times from the graph as it isn't broken out for you, but otherwise it worked fine.

Not a toyota but didn't want to miss out on all the fun. Mitsubishi triton 2.8td (4m40t) single cab tray back ute 2200kg. 265/75/16 tyres . eBay Front mount cooler, gt2052v with gt2260 compressor. 18.5 1/4 mile,
IMG_2683.PNG
Has some clutch slip in 4th and 5th so might have an 18 flat in it
Logworks app from innovate motorsports .

Not a toyota but didn't want to miss out on all the fun. Mitsubishi triton 2.8td (4m40t) single cab tray back ute 2200kg. 265/75/16 tyres . eBay Front mount cooler, gt2052v with gt2260 compressor. 18.5 1/4 mile, Has some clutch slip in 4th and 5th so might have an 18 flat in it
Logworks app from innovate motorsports .

That's quite impressive! Is that motor indirect injection or direct injection? Is your injection pump internally stock? That's an 11mm pump correct? Electronic or mechanical injection? How much boost are you running maximum with that turbo setup?

That's quite impressive! Is that motor indirect injection or direct injection? Is your injection pump internally stock? That's an 11mm pump correct? Electronic or mechanical injection? How much boost are you running maximum with that turbo setup?

Stock pump modified governor, compensator spring and pin.

22psi boost on that run don't need any more cos the clutch won't hold

Ran 26 with the new clutch

Indirect injection. Mechanical 11mm .

Last edited:
Here is the time of my turbo BJ40. 8 psi running rich.

Screenshot_20180715-011833.jpg

I'll play soon with my 1hz turbo intercooled hzj75 on 35s. Be the first 1hz on here?

Also my 12ht hj47 on 33s ran 16.15 seconds to 100km/h. Not too bad for a stock engine.

I'll play soon with my 1hz turbo intercooled hzj75 on 35s. Be the first 1hz on here?
Well.... i have followed through on my promise..... and have thus put the turbo'd 1hz to the test. 375ks and still strong. Results are not even embarrassing :rofl:
IMG_20180715_221412.jpg
IMG_20180715_221408.jpg

Please ignore everything about the second sheet.... an outlier. Except the top speed which is about as much as shes got.

This is a great thread that i read keenly when it popped up. My old 13bt powered landrover was off the road at that time, and since then I've been busy working and ended up having a bogus turbo 'upgrade' done which didn't perform well. My turbo is now the standard ct20b fitted to the 1hdfte engines, and goes okay, though I suspect the stock ct26 actually ran better from 2krpm up. I'm also suspicious that I still have a fuel starvation issue as the power curve feels very flat past 2500rpm, even though egts keep soaring(and then drop when you change up, which seems wrong).

1975 S3 landrover ute, roughly 1600kg, 13bt, h55f, 3.54 diffs, 265/75/15 tyres. Ct20b, roughly 15psi max boost but doesn't hit that till about 2500rpm or so.

Screenshot_20180909-212610.jpg

I could probably turn up the max fuel a bit more, egt reaches about 700c preturbo at about 120kph on the flat foot planted

Hello all!

I don't have the app but I did make a GPS GoPro video of the truck a few months back which should provide a good idea of performance:

It consistently seems to pull 13-14s 0-60. It really falls on its face above 50mph with the top off; its definitely better with the top on at high speed. It pulls the front left tire off the ground if you launch it hard enough and it hooks :)

Basic details of the truck are as follows:
1978 FJ40
4880 lbs last time I weighed it
VW TDI 2.0L engine
4.10 gears
5 speed transmission
37" tires

The rest of the details can be found here:

Since the video I have made a few improvements, so I will have to test again. For instance I fixed the alignment between engine and transmission so the shifts are much faster (the pilot bear was disintegrated in the video and I didn't know it yet), I've also added a higher performance camshaft, and lost a bit of weight (at least 100lbs but i need to head to the scales again).

-Mike

LOL! This is the best I could do. Ran out of straightaway.
I have a 1987 FJ60 with a turbo'd and intercooled 1HZ off a 1990 HZJ73. I run 16" Tundra wheels with 285/75 BFG KO2's.

Screenshot_20190514-161311_Car Performance Free.jpg

88 BJ74 5 speed. rebuilt 13BT, IP, Injectors, turbo, less than 1,500 miles.

Mods: wastegate slightly shimmed, max at 9PSI
255/85r16 Yokohama mud terrains
I'm pretty close to stock overall.

There's no speed shifting an H55f :rofl: I didn't straight up flog it either, I'm not messing up anything for this thread!!!! The first run I broke free good on the pavement, after that I decided not to try and break anything. My guess is with more boost, 14psi which I plan to go to, that time could come down more. With stock size tires it would come down much more. It definitely zapped some power going from 30" tires to the 255's.

0-60 17.5 seconds
I have NO idea why my quarter mile shows 32.3 seconds but I can assure you it didn't take 14.2 seconds to go 200ish more feet. 🤣
It should be right around 20.5s for the 1/4 on this using the 2nd run as a guide.

IMG_4950.PNG

2nd run, not quite as fast but at least the 1/4 time is more correct.

IMG_4949.PNG

88 BJ74 5 speed. rebuilt 13BT, IP, Injectors, turbo, less than 1,500 miles.

Mods: wastegate slightly shimmed, max at 9PSI
255/85r16 Yokohama mud terrains
I'm pretty close to stock overall.

There's no speed shifting an H55f :rofl: I didn't straight up flog it either, I'm not messing up anything for this thread!!!! The first run I broke free good on the pavement, after that I decided not to try and break anything. My guess is with more boost, 14psi which I plan to go to, that time could come down more. With stock size tires it would come down much more. It definitely zapped some power going from 30" tires to the 255's.

0-60 17.5 seconds
I have NO idea why my quarter mile shows 32.3 seconds but I can assure you it didn't take 14.2 seconds to go 200ish more feet. 🤣
It should be right around 20.5s for the 1/4 on this using the 2nd run as a guide.

View attachment 2033832

2nd run, not quite as fast but at least the 1/4 time is more correct.

View attachment 2033843

That's really pretty good for a healthy stockish engine! With more boost and a bit of tuning that thing would really move. Can't imagine what an intercooler and g-turbo might do! Funny most people don't explore more power with these motors much....maybe because they're so good from the factory?

I really need to retest mine now that the Gturbo is on and working properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom