Ideas on value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ran across a gentleman who is willing to sell his 1964 FJ45 SWB fixed/non-removable top, split rear window. Glass, electrical, body, interior, gauges are all intact. Zero rust. Originally a California truck. Only thing not original is a Pontiac engine 👎🏻. It has been sitting for 7 years. So brakes, tires, fuel tank, carb, etc. will need attention. He has not disclosed his selling price yet. I am looking for help with ideas on value for it.
Thank you!

I ran across a gentleman who is willing to sell his 1964 FJ45 SWB fixed/non-removable top, split rear window. Glass, electrical, body, interior, gauges are all intact. Zero rust. Originally a California truck. Only thing not original is a Pontiac engine 👎🏻. It has been sitting for 7 years. So brakes, tires, fuel tank, carb, etc. will need attention. He has not disclosed his selling price yet. I am looking for help with ideas on value for it.
Thank you!
He is probably trying to figure that out also, to give you an accurate idea will need some pics of the rig to start the opinions of what it is worth.

One pic I could get.

1632677306165.jpeg

I keep looking at that roof and wondering why it looks like it’s on backwards 🤷‍♂️ .

I’m lousy at valuations. With that said, until more is shown I’d shoot for $8-10k.

Last edited:
That’s a nice looking truck, with the exception of the diamond plate. Bizarre that he won’t allow pictures, personally that would be a red flag but to each his own, I guess.

The running boards are from a later model. Paint looks nice, just make sure there isn’t any Bondo hiding out under there. I’d make sure the frame number matches the VIN tag in the engine bay.

Look behind those seats and make sure there isn’t any rust hiding back there. Check the corners of the roof and make sure they aren‘t rotting out.

As @middlecalf wrote, there is something up with the roof—I don’t know what it is but it doesn’t look right. It should be a little higher in the back and sloping down toward the front. This one looks straight across, almost as if you were looking at the back of the roof.

My guess would be 11-12K. I might be crazy but these trucks are pulling in some insane money now.

Those early cabs are smaller than later cabs, which are notoriously small. If your any taller than 5’10” you will not be comfortable driving the truck for long periods of time.

So after doing a little research, it looks like in the early years of the 45 there were ribbed tops and non-ribbed tops. From a few pictures I’ve seen in this forum it looks like the non-ribbed tops may have that different look that was pointed out earlier by @middlecalf. Can anybody validate this?

A ‘64 should have a ribbed top with six skinny ribs. And as Dean @MadMace pointed out the roof should bump up at the back and slope a bit to the front before turning into the gutter. And made of steel. But even if this is a different roof and it seals and is solid, other than originality, so what? Maybe just a negotiating point at this time (if it is original and on backwards - not sure how though with gutter mount holes - that could be used in negotiations as well - “come on man!” 😆). Cool rig nonetheless.

Look for the little things that add up in cost after initial purchase. Rear view 3 hole mirror, red seat belts, jack, jack handles, engine crank, rear tire holder, etc. Again as @middlecalf said about the roof these parts missing could be used in negotiation. How’s the inside of the bed? Rear sil of bed?
Both are prone to rust. I’d say price could be anywhere from $15-20k. Potentially more if you were in a auction setting and 2 guys really wanted it.

Pics below for reference.
639CC576-7C69-46BE-A2AD-D4A6E70F9FA2.jpeg

7AE40440-FF4E-417D-A4AB-99E7F2EFFAD1.jpeg

Last edited:
Pics. Comments welcome!
No rust in the bed, behind the seats, floorboards. Top it looks to be factory without ribs… Repainted, no signs underneath of any bodywork. Looks to have a Ramsey PTO which drives the winch and the power steering.Vin on frame matches the plate under the hood.

A7EA042A-7DD1-4016-8D59-C4DC74DB898E.jpeg

B37CF80D-C91E-471E-95B4-1F8004136773.jpeg

BEAB372F-939E-4B16-8E16-F1945195CFD1.jpeg

C6EDD3B0-4B7A-4FE1-8624-CDB49CEBE6CE.jpeg

DD277291-118D-4FBF-B9AA-D4BDD6570A99.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom