April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (5 Viewers)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sent a text but got no reply ~so think I'll just look forward to getting a 52L when the next discount code is active.
What did you need help with bud? Are you referring to the cancellation of the VL45? Send me your order number so I can check!

Thanks bud, and I apologize on IceCos behalf for the long delay. I am sending an email now and will report back as soon as I hear from them.

Any word?

Edit: I just checked tracking again and UPS says it is in transit for Wed delivery...I due find the lack of reply a bit concerning though.

Last edited:
Sorry I am late replying- just saw this. Yes, that Tomkins code works, but only on a couple models. VL60 for example but not 65.
And to this point, The Tompkins are a cute young family who do a nice review of the VL60 on their YouTube channel. The visual of how much you can pack in these things is spot on. I am used to going big with a cooler... but when you don't have to have ice for chilling, your needs in terms of size change pretty dramatically.

And to this point, The Tompkins are a cute young family who do a nice review of the VL60 on their YouTube channel. The visual of how much you can pack in these things is spot on. I am used to going big with a cooler... but when you don't have to have ice for chilling, your needs in terms of size change pretty dramatically.

Their video is what persuaded me to NOT go with the 65! So much fits in these things. I may be stuffing food in there just because I can 🤣

So I received mine last Friday, shipped rather quickly. Great looking unit, seems to perform pretty well so far, have only run it on 110 thus far. Will plug her in the 80 this weekend to trial it out. Was a little bummed as mine was dented near the compressor panel when I received it and the cover was not sent with it. Contacted Lu and he is taking care of me. Certainly experienced better response when calling than emailing. Super friendly and helpful. He is sending a replacement panel my way to replace as we both thought that was easier and more practical than mailing it back for replacement. Will report my results of this weekends trip. Important to note that it will not be hardwired yet, only running on factory cig lighter...may not be super impressed since I think it’s 100 gauge wiring they use for it 😂

Any word?

Edit: I just checked tracking again and UPS says it is in transit for Wed delivery...I due find the lack of reply a bit concerning though.

I can take responsibility for that, as what I did not intend on doing with this group sale was to overwhelm the sales and customer service rep(s) assigned to handling this group buy.

What I could’ve done better and will do better for next time, is explain to everyone ahead of time that with the large influx of orders will be an influx of demand for customer service. IceCo has done nothing but tried their best to prioritize getting orders out on time, as well as tried their best to respond to as many emails as they can at the same time with the limited staff that they have assigned to this group buy.

With the next group buy, I will put more effort into making sure that everyone understands that they are helping us out by offering us good discounts, that the least we could do is to try and handle our own customer service where we can, and only email them for questions that the community can’t answer on our own. There were many cases where we could have saved them some time by asking here first, and I ask that everyone please try to be understanding of the fact that the more effort we require out of the limited staff for replying to a large influx of emails and phone calls, that the more we take their attention away from things like making sure that orders go out on time.

If they were faced with a choice between dedicating their limited man-hours to prioritizing shipping our orders or prioritizing answering emails, then I’d want them to prioritize the former over the latter.

Next group buy, I will be sure to ask everyone who plans to participate to consider meeting me and IceCo in the middle, and as a community try to handle most of our own customer service and only send a phone call and email their way when we can’t figure it out on our own.

I hope you guys understand, and please consider posting here first before you send them another email or phone number. Chances are we might be able to answer it quicker ;); and if we can’t, then we will ask IceCo for you. I am sure Lu and Christine are exhausted, as I barely even get a reply now, but I wait patiently knowing that they are trying their best, and that they will get to it as soon as they can.

Thank you for everyone’s time and participation, and thank you for being understanding. I hope everyone who has received their fridges are happy, and if not please let us know!

Last edited:
I got my VL45 last week. I ordered a cover too. The cover was apparently one of the last few before they went on backorder. The cover shipped via UPS and arrived 4 days earlier than the fridge.
The fedex notifications are a bit weird; they send one out when the label gets created while the item in question may not move for a while. I think my fridge still arrived in about a week. Packaging was all good. No damage here. My only minimal complaint upon inspection is that one latch catch is attached just a hair lower, so one secures nice and tight, while the other is less so. it still seems secure, but doesn't inspire confidence.
Hopefully I'll put the thig to use sooner rather than later. Many trips and plans changed and/or cancelled this season. Along with many on here I'm sure.

I got my VL45 last week. I ordered a cover too. The cover was apparently one of the last few before they went on backorder. The cover shipped via UPS and arrived 4 days earlier than the fridge.
The fedex notifications are a bit weird; they send one out when the label gets created while the item in question may not move for a while. I think my fridge still arrived in about a week. Packaging was all good. No damage here. My only minimal complaint upon inspection is that one latch catch is attached just a hair lower, so one secures nice and tight, while the other is less so. it still seems secure, but doesn't inspire confidence.
Hopefully I'll put the thig to use sooner rather than later. Many trips and plans changed and/or cancelled this season. Along with many on here I'm sure.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated!

I said the same thing about the latch when I was talking about it on stream! My left one is tiny bit higher so it doesn’t “snap” in as firmly. I’ve learned to live with it, just wanted to confirm you’re not alone.

In for August group buy

My buddys Vl45 has same issue what told him to do is remove latch make latch hole just a tad bigger to drop it down a bit. Worked like a charm now u hear the pop

My buddys Vl45 has same issue what told him to do is remove latch make latch hole just a tad bigger to drop it down a bit. Worked like a charm now u hear the pop

I was contemplating trying something like that, but it hasn’t bothered me enough and I was worried I’d mess something up. Thanks for the confidence boost, I will try it later.

That pop is very satisfying to my ears, by the way!

Also, unless otherwise stated, the August group buy will begin on August 14th and will include the Expandable and ICooler at the same discount, with the same discount code.

This time around, I ask that everyone please give the community a chance to answer some of your questions, and only contact IceCo for things that only IceCo can answer; such as tracking numbers, payments, refunds and etc.

For things like technical support, I trust that with all the big brains we have on mud who now have their hands on IceCo fridges, that it won’t be long before mud becomes the unofficial repository of IceCo fridge knowledge, much like how mud became the unofficial repository for LC knowledge. It wouldn’t hurt to ask!

Not just technical stuff, but you know... other things too. Im just having a brain fart at the moment.

Last edited:
Following for August GB

If ordering on August 14th, when could I expect the product? Got a trip planned towards the end of August

If ordering on August 14th, when could I expect the product? Got a trip planned towards the end of August
I am waiting on an inventory update so I can give shipping estimates for next group buy. Will update when I have more info.

@tim0shel were you able to catch the extension on last group buy? Let me know if not so I can try and get you taken care of in time for your trip in 2 weeks. Thanks bud.

anyone else who has Deadlines to meet please let us know what model you are interested in, and I will try my best to accommodate. Thank you.

Looking at the VL45 and my deadline would be end of August if possible.

Question, How effective is the insulated bag? My understanding is these units draw very little power as it is. I also won't be in one location longer than a day so I am thinking it won't be a necessary addition?

Our VL45 showed up a couple days ago. :)
B0A24248-A9A4-400E-BE1D-4B7FB785637D.jpeg

Our VL45 showed up a couple days ago. :) View attachment 2386541
Nice, looks like bracket on left is a little higher like mine. I will stream and share a clip here, when I drop my bracket so that it “pops” in on left side as well. Does yours snap in more securely on right?

Not a big deal but an easy fix.

Also, thanks for sharing. It looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom