April 2022 rolling out now: check 1st post. 3 Models 25% so far. (2 Viewers)

What temperature do you set your fridge at?

• 0°F - I like using it for Meats, Ice Cream and other Frozen Foods!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 27°F - Just seafood for me!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • 40°F - I use it as a normal refridgerator (drinks, vegetables, fruits, leftovers and etc).

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • 45-65°F - Why would anybody waste that precious refritgerated space on anything but Wine!??

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only complain I have is.... I cant go camping lmao
A lot of things doesn’t make sense right now, and that’s one of the things that makes the least sense. Legal to go to Walmart and stand next to someone else (they don’t enforce 6ft rule) but not to go somewhere miles away from everyone.

If you’re keeping to yourself and not hurting anyone, then I see no reason why you can’t. I usually just go for it when I am looking for places to sleep, and the worst thing that’s ever happened was that I was asked to leave. I tell them (rangers) I live in my car while traveling and was looking for a place to camp,(which is true) and as soon as they realize I don’t have any bad intentions they let me on my way.

Anyways, best of luck to ya bud!

I received my VL60 single zone, looks like a quality unit for $450. I'll be wiring it this week to a dual house battery setup with solar power and see how it goes. I do like the option of freezing at home on 110 to freeze what you want frozen then drop in fresh foods before departing, turn up to refrigerator level for travel, should use considerably less power for at least the first few days by doing so and keep everything nice and cool.

I received my VL60 single zone, looks like a quality unit for $450. I'll be wiring it this week to a dual house battery setup with solar power and see how it goes. I do like the option of freezing at home on 110 to freeze what you want frozen then drop in fresh foods before departing, turn up to refrigerator level for travel, should use considerably less power for at least the first few days by doing so and keep everything nice and cool.

Good stuff brother, ty for sharing!

Finally got the VL60 mounted (temporarily), still working on power, waiting on Mcmaster-Carr and Amazon orders. Don't think I'll use the slide (puts it too far out into the middle of the cruiser) , so I'll see if I can return it. I did notice a dent in the unit that I'd not noticed when I first unboxed it last week. Seems to operate fine though.

20200719_190253.jpg

Finally got the VL60 mounted (temporarily), still working on power, waiting on Mcmaster-Carr and Amazon orders. Don't think I'll use the slide (puts it too far out into the middle of the cruiser) , so I'll see if I can return it. I did notice a dent in the unit that I'd not noticed when I first unboxed it last week. Seems to operate fine though.

View attachment 2377566

WHOA. Is that a 70 series troop carrier!!!!!???Looks like a setup for a great build! I borrowed a few pages from the 70 series builds, and turned my 200 series into a 2 seater! Gotta love the extra room in the back!

Let me know if you have any issues returning the slide. You may be able to get a partial refund or a free t shirt or something for the dent as well.

Thanks for sharing bud.

I purchased the JP40 and was wondering if anyone was also experiencing the same behavior. When I set the cooler to ECO mode, then turn the truck off or unplug it from the wall outlet, the next time I turn it back on, it defaults to MAX mode. I read through the manual and it doesn't mention anything about how this should behave, but I would expect it to remain in the previously set mode before being turned off. Thanks!

I purchased the JP40 and was wondering if anyone was also experiencing the same behavior. When I set the cooler to ECO mode, then turn the truck off or unplug it from the wall outlet, the next time I turn it back on, it defaults to MAX mode. I read through the manual and it doesn't mention anything about how this should behave, but I would expect it to remain in the previously set mode before being turned off. Thanks!

I have not tried the ECO mode on my VL, but I imagine it will act the same. If you drive your car every day, you can add a small Jackery 160 for about 100 bucks and plug it into both the 12V and 110V on the Jackery, and Jackery into your cars 110V. When car is on you the Jackery defaults to 110V/AC while it powers the fridge, and while car charges it. When car is off the Jackery can power it both ways, with the 12V being more efficient.

I know it doesn’t solve your problem directly, but it can solve it indirectly by making sure fridge doesn’t shut off for it to “reset” to max mode to begin with.

Let me know what you find out either way, as I’m sure other JP owners will be interested! Thank you for your time and feedback, as well as for participating! Much appreciated.

Hey everyone, New here and discovered this thread going about the ICECO fridges. I have had the GO20 for few years and now looking for more room and have wanted to buy the VL60 dual. Actually before discovering this here I emailed them asking for discount on one. I was going to sale my GO20 put some of that money towards a bigger one. I have been very pleased with the GO20 it runs off of my 100watt solar panel and 16ah Lifepho4 batter just fine. At night its ran off of my 95ah AGM car battery or more recent my solar generator w/280ah but little testing there as its still in the building stages.

I'm interested in the next group buy as I like to order now to get one in time maybe for my next trip.

Thanks DangCat for the organization of this Group Buy looks like you have put lots of effort into it and should not go without a thank you.

Most fridges that I know will start in max mode to cool down then switch to eco as they maintain the temp. YMMV

Most fridges that I know will start in max mode to cool down then switch to eco as they maintain the temp. YMMV

Thanks, let me test to see if mine behaves this way.

Hey everyone, New here and discovered this thread going about the ICECO fridges. I have had the GO20 for few years and now looking for more room and have wanted to buy the VL60 dual. Actually before discovering this here I emailed them asking for discount on one. I was going to sale my GO20 put some of that money towards a bigger one. I have been very pleased with the GO20 it runs off of my 100watt solar panel and 16ah Lifepho4 batter just fine. At night its ran off of my 95ah AGM car battery or more recent my solar generator w/280ah but little testing there as its still in the building stages.

I'm interested in the next group buy as I like to order now to get one in time maybe for my next trip.

Thanks DangCat for the organization of this Group Buy looks like you have put lots of effort into it and should not go without a thank you.

Thank you for the kind words bud. When is your trip? Will do my best to get it organized sooner than later.

@Ratchey good to know, I learn something here every day! Thanks bud. Also @OwenC let us know what you find out and thanks!

Thanks, let me test to see if mine behaves this way.
I just tested this theory and unfortunately it’s staying in Max mode. I did speak to Lu earlier this morning and he’s going to get back to me.

Thanks for all the work on this. I look to be a little late to the party on the promo code but will give it a try.
Update on electric coolers in general as of 7/21/2020 is that most are on back order between August and October. I have been looking primarily at Dometic and ARB as they appear to be the most readily distributed. That said I will be keen to try this IceCo product and keep my money in my pocket but - insert sounds of dread- will not be able to chat with my cooler via an app!

Here's an article touching on a variety of brands out there Best Overlanding Fridge Freezers 2020 — Overland Expo®

Thanks for all the work on this. I look to be a little late to the party on the promo code but will give it a try.
Update on electric coolers in general as of 7/21/2020 is that most are on back order between August and October. I have been looking primarily at Dometic and ARB as they appear to be the most readily distributed. That said I will be keen to try this IceCo product and keep my money in my pocket but - insert sounds of dread- will not be able to chat with my cooler via an app!

Here's an article touching on a variety of brands out there Best Overlanding Fridge Freezers 2020 — Overland Expo®

Thanks for the kind words brother, and it is my pleasure to be able to help in some way. I’m with ya on the App connect, would be nice to know if my power bank ran out of power when away from vehicle by checking if fridge is on! Maybe in the future we will have a budget option with app control.

I will get an update on readily available models as well as what is back ordered, before the august group buy and report back here. I plan on having a shipping estimate to go with the information packet for next buy!

If anyone has advice on how we could improve in terms of organizing the next one, please let us know here!

Thanks for the kind words brother, and it is my pleasure to be able to help in some way. I’m with ya on the App connect, would be nice to know if my power bank ran out of power when away from vehicle by checking if fridge is on! Maybe in the future we will have a budget option with app control.

I will get an update on readily available models as well as what is back ordered, before the august group buy and report back here. I plan on having a shipping estimate to go with the information packet for next buy!
Hey Dangcat! All good. I spoke with Lu by chance today and he thinks he can offer a similar discount on the VL65 next week. He said call back Tues/ Wed. This is all inventory driven if I understood him correctly.

I could not see anything that implied a shipping charge on their site, but will understand if there is a charge. My cart did not look like there was a fee.

Current other offers are still valid on their site
-- 10% Stay Home was valid and I think it was on all models.
-- 20% Traveling with the Tompkins discount works but on only certain models-- but includes the VL60.

SOoooo if you want something right now, there are some 10% and some 20% promos that work.

WORD from the kinda WISE-- Supply Chain is screwed up across many industries this summer, Bird in Hand may be better than a discount on two birds you can't get!!! ;O)

Thanks, y'all.

Hey Dangcat! All good. I spoke with Lu by chance today and he thinks he can offer a similar discount on the VL65 next week. He said call back Tues/ Wed. This is all inventory driven if I understood him correctly.

I could not see anything that implied a shipping charge on their site, but will understand if there is a charge. My cart did not look like there was a fee.

Current other offers are still valid on their site
-- 10% Stay Home was valid and I think it was on all models.
-- 20% Traveling with the Tompkins discount works but on only certain models-- but includes the VL60.

SOoooo if you want something right now, there are some 10% and some 20% promos that work.

WORD from the kinda WISE-- Supply Chain is screwed up across many industries this summer, Bird in Hand may be better than a discount on two birds you can't get!!! ;O)

Thanks, y'all.

“This is all inventory driven”

Absolutely correct here, which is why with the next group buy we will do an inventory count first. Before you go with the 10 or 20, call Lu for the 25%. Let him know you are a mud member and do not have time to wait til august group buy.

Price you see on first page of this post is final price shipped to your door, shipping plus taxes included!

@tim0shel please do the same and call in to make your order, ask for Lu and let him know you are a mud member, and let him you know need it before your trip.

If either of you have trouble getting ahold of Lu and getting what you need, let me know and I’ll see if I can help!

Thanks again Mudders, I am looking forward to a long and healthy relationship with IceCo and This great community of ours!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom