I want to install a TRD SC in my 94 LC??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks guys, given its sitting in the shed, I suppose I have nothing to lose other than a weekend put aside to try it. I mainly bought it for towing capability so I will soon find out how it perfoms under load. My brother in law owns a Lamda meter, so i will use that to ensure no lean condtions occur under load too.

Pooley

but you still have your O2 sensors . ?

Looking forward to see what you have with your SC working at WOT ..

Tapage,

yep, still have the O2 sensor. The want for the Lamda meter is for the initial install to ensure my fuel ratio does not become devastatingly lean while the ecu tries to cope with the extra air and tune. Also to ensure my old efi can handle the fuel volume at the upper revs. I am a little concerned about the vein type air flow meter still metering accurately enough at the upper revs. The Lamda will help to confirm / alay these concerns.
Once the ecu has tuned in, I will remove the Lamda and rely on the OE O2 sensor or take appropriate action to avoid damaging my rebult engine. Hopefully that action will not need to be removal of the sc.

Does anyone have specs for 80 series injectors, pertaining to the flow rate?

66-82 cm3 per 15 seconds.

Difference between cylinders 5 cm3 or less.

Leakge, one drop or less per minute.

According to my calculations, the stock injectors should be able to handle about 270HP. Does this sound correct?

Hey Pooley,
Try sprintex, i think they're in wa. They did a supercharger setup in a 80 for 4wd action magazine, i think they used there own supercharger though.

I had no this was an issue. I own a SC 94 that I bought about 2 months ago on mud. I have no idea how they made the SC work but it does. I was told that the sc was installed at a Toyota dealership in LA, CA. I'd be happy to show pictures.

Does anyone know how many HP the Toyota supercharger is supposed to add?
I wanted to put one in my 94 but not really into the fuel problem.If I remember correctly its right around 90-95hp and I believe around 110 foot pounds of torgue.But I'm not positive.

I wanted to put one in my 94 but not really into the fuel problem.If I remember correctly its right around 90-95hp and I believe around 110 foot pounds of torgue.But I'm not positive.

If it adds 90HP, that would put the total at 302. Has anyone tried just adding injectors with a higher flow rate? Maybe it's not that simple?

Here is a link to a guy who did a lot of research on the 3.4L 4Runner. Not the same beast, but a lot of good info on supercharging & fixes for the 3.4L.

TRD Supercharger

Here is a link to a guy who did a lot of research on the 3.4L 4Runner. Not the same beast, but a lot of good info on supercharging & fixes for the 3.4L.

TRD Supercharger

It appears that the relevant info on upgrading the EFI system is missing from their website (the links to the pages describing EFI changes do not work).
missing pages.jpg

It appears that the relevant info on upgrading the EFI system is missing from their website (the links to the pages describing EFI changes do not work).

If you click on the broken links, you can find the Cached page. Just find the gadgetonline listing & click on "cached"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom